any TPR people take AAMC 6R today?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Overeducated

MSIV
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
During the 2nd half of the test all I could think about was:
1) how the Bio section seemed WAY harder/different than the TPR tests (way more reading comprehension)
and
2) how I would have to retake in August cuz i'm WAY unprepared

...then I got my scores and I actually did ok--up 4 points from last diag despite no studying for the past 2 weeks (due to finals). I just need to get like 1 more point in each section to have an acceptable score :scared:

9 PS, 8 V, 11 BS

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah, took6R today. Also thought I didnt do well but was surprised. Seem like a lot of orgo on the bio section? You're right, I think you had to read carefully on a lot of the bio more than most TPR tests.

Overeducated said:
During the 2nd half of the test all I could think about was:
1) how the Bio section seemed WAY harder/different than the TPR tests (way more reading comprehension)
and
2) how I would have to retake in August cuz i'm WAY unprepared

...then I got my scores and I actually did ok--up 4 points from last diag despite no studying for the past 2 weeks (due to finals). I just need to get like 1 more point in each section to have an acceptable score :scared:

9 PS, 8 V, 11 BS

I am not enrolled in the PR course, but I have been working from their review books and have taken their diags. Are you comparing your reaction to AAMC 6R to how you scored on the diags? Or are you referring to other PR exams?

beponychick said:
I am not enrolled in the PR course, but I have been working from their review books and have taken their diags. Are you comparing your reaction to AAMC 6R to how you scored on the diags? Or are you referring to other PR exams?

comparing to 4931, etc.

Members don't see this ad :)
I took it too. I found the PS section to be a lot easier than the TPR exams. There were a lot less equations to emphasize and the math was very doable. The verbal questions seemed trickier though and I didn't have a lot of "now" passages, so my verbal score went down. My bio score went up. I thought the bio on here was easier just because you could get it from the passage and didn't have to recall too much. Overall, I found it to be much easier than the TPR tests, and it was easier to concentrate on. I mos def need to study more and try to work on my speed.

7 PS, 6 VR, 8 BS

I am enrolled in kaplan. I just too AAMC 6, I thought physical sciences was a joke compared to kaplan exams. The verbal was actually very doable however i ended up losing concentration on the last 3 passages due to lack of sleep the night before and just started bubblin in randomly. I thought the bio section was easier than kaplan exams as well. People say aamc 3 was the easiest. I think exam 6 was "easier" than 3. But maybe thats just me. The result was 12 P, 6 V 9 B. I went up 3 points in physical, down 2 points in V and up 1 point in Bio. Im still nervous about the amount of study time left.

AAMC 6 surprised me. I got an 11 on BS, up 3 points from my norm. I thought AAMC 5 was the hardest (the passages on immunity/T cells killed me), probably b/c it has the most new material to me (I haven't finished my prereqs yet). AAMC 3 and 4 were pretty fair.

I guess we all have our strengths and weaknesses. ;)