Any UC people here?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

byeh2004

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know theres a bunch of Cals and Bruins here but anyone from other UCs? I'm from UC Riverside

Members don't see this ad.

byeh2004 said:
I know theres a bunch of Cals and Bruins here but anyone from other UCs? I'm from UC Riverside

Irvine reporting. *Chews on ants*

man... why is riverside the highlanders... a bunch of men with skirts... we should be the pirates or something because were UC ARRRRRR

Members don't see this ad :)
opinionkitten said:
triton pride!

I don't have much of that, but I do go to UCSD! ;)

EDIT: For four more months!!! :D :D

I'm not from one of the "other" UCs, but I'm still a UC kid. :)

irvine here

I'm sure there's probably a bunch of Anteaters here...myself included ;)

byeh2004 said:

I'm from Riverside too

sweet! what year? im a first year

im from riverside too... 2nd year

Members don't see this ad :)
are you from any premed clubs here? I'm from AMSA

I'm at the one with:

1)lots of AZN kids
2)about 4 black kids
3)Undefeated Football team

ah, f it, its ucsd. :smuggrin:

go gauchos!!
(i went to UCSB for undergrad)

UCD here too. Tra La La, what year are you or are you done? Congrats on your awesome acceptances!

Uegis said:
UCD here too. Tra La La, what year are you or are you done? Congrats on your awesome acceptances!

Thanks, Uegis!!!

I'm set to graduate in June. And you?

another UC Riverside student right here...representing!

I was a gaucho too, back in the day

LT2 said:
go gauchos!!
(i went to UCSB for undergrad)

is ucsb really an all-party school with some of the hottest girls i will ever see? thats what everyone says...

3rd year at UCR

opinionkitten said:
triton pride!

me too!!!! I had a blast there as an undergrad!!!

Continuing the legacy, as of Aug 8th I will be an Anteater!!! Tot Tot!!

Opinion Kitten, did you pick UCSD or UCLA?

scrappysurfer said:

i think u mean zot zot. :)

byeh2004 said:
are you from any premed clubs here? I'm from AMSA

nah, no time for any other EC's... i was an RA this year at west lothian, im currently the VP for ATO (my fraternity), and im finishing up my EMT certification in june so i can start workin with riverside AMR. now i jus gotta get those grades up.... bio 5a and chem 1b gave me B's last quarter =(

comon all you riverside ppl... lets get into med school and up our rep. the other UC's arent even that much better... LA's a bigger ****hole than rside anyways....

azndrummer said:
comon all you riverside ppl... lets get into med school and up our rep. the other UC's arent even that much better... LA's a bigger ****hole than rside anyways....

Yep...I've heard that our Bio department outranks UCLA's... :thumbup:

you took bio5a last quarter too? yea it was such a bitch, do you have chappell now for 5b?

azndrummer said:

hell yeah! we'll see soon as the waitlists starts moving....

scrappysurfer said:

im w/l'd at ucla but will take it if i get it so now its roughly a coin toss between the two.

what uc has the worst mascot? while the triton sucks something fierce, i think its a split between the gaucho and the highlander. whoever came up with these should be dragged into the street and shot.

opinionkitten said:
what uc has the worst mascot? while the triton sucks something fierce, i think its a split between the gaucho and the highlander. whoever came up with these should be dragged into the street and shot.

While they don't have a med school, I think that the banana slugs are inarguably the worst mascot in existance.

Really lame UC joke: 9 out 10 girls in the UC system are hot-- the other goes to UCSD.

opinionkitten said:
im w/l'd at ucla but will take it if i get it so now its roughly a coin toss between the two.

Cammy got to it first: banana slugs. Can you imagine being on the swim team or track team and your mascot is one of the fattest, slowest creatures on earth.

Not that my new mascot, the anteater is a huge improvement.

What exactly are gauchos and highlanders?

Opinionkitten: hey UCSD vs UCLA (even if still waiting on one) is solid. Would you be able to live in LA after living in San Diego? If you are making rankings based decisions, they are essentially at the same level but La Jolla is so much nicer.

jtank said:
is ucsb really an all-party school with some of the hottest girls i will ever see? thats what everyone says...

yes. :cool:

scrappysurfer said:
Cammy got to it first: banana slugs. Can you imagine being on the swim team or track team and your mascot is one of the fattest, slowest creatures on earth.

Not that my new mascot, the anteater is a huge improvement.

What exactly are gauchos and highlanders?

Opinionkitten: hey UCSD vs UCLA (even if still waiting on one) is solid. Would you be able to live in LA after living in San Diego? If you are making rankings based decisions, they are essentially at the same level but La Jolla is so much nicer.

1) banana slugs rule, this is the only really redeamable mascot in the whole state, if only because it was immortalized in pulp fiction.

2) gaucho= lame ass argintinean cowboy, highlander= lame ass scottish person

3) id prefer to live in la, la jolla gets a little stifling after a while. theyre pretty similar rank wise but the vibe at la seemed to be a little chiller. plus if i live in la i can so get my mom to do my laundry.

gauchos are not lame ass :thumbdown:

LT2 said:
gauchos are not lame ass :thumbdown:

gaucho1.jpg

gauchos are, in fact, lame ass

UCLAstudent said:
I'm not from one of the "other" UCs, but I'm still a UC kid. :)

me too - ucla all the way...

lulubean said:
me too - ucla all the way...

Go Bruins! UCLA is seriously the best school ever...going to miss it next year :oops:

any of you planning on staying "UC people"? if so, where?

lulubean said:
any of you planning on staying "UC people"? if so, where?

Yup--probably at UCSF or UCLA.

Man, I love the UC system. Best public university system in the world. Period.

I'm staying a UC person, hopefully through residency. :D

Tra La La said:
Yup--probably at UCSF or UCLA.

Man, I love the UC system. Best public university system in the world. Period.

Congrats on your choices,Tra. Are you leaning towards either school?

Hey, lulubean and Tra La La, will either of you be there on Saturday?

i will be there! its a short day, huh? what is the attire?

p.s. although i haven't decided 100% i have been falling in love with all the adorable apartments i am finding in la on craigslist... :love:

Is it a short day? I don't even know when it starts (my letter's at my parents' house).

I called about the attire today. The lady on the phone said "California casual." She said not to wear jeans, but maybe slacks and a nice top.

I'll be there on Saturday! I am so stoked...I'll be taking the 6 hour drive from Sacramento on Friday night.

I am definitey looking forward to the bus tour of LA--and, of course, meeting everyone else!

lulubean said:
Congrats on your choices,Tra. Are you leaning towards either school?

Thanks, lulu. Methinks you also have some amazing schools to choose from. Congrats!

I am leaning towards SF b/c it's closer to home, but I am not 100% sure.