Any UC undergrads interviewing at Harvard/UCSF?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GALLBLADDER

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any UC undergrads interviewing at Harvard/UCSF? If you were accepted to both which would you prefer?

Members don't see this ad.

GALLBLADDER said:
Any UC undergrads interviewing at Harvard/UCSF? If you were accepted to both which would you prefer?

Gallbladder,
I'm interviewing at Harvard on Thursday...I also got a post-secondary rejection from UCSF two weeks ago. So my preference is Harvard by default :)

I interviewed at UCSF and haven't heard anything from Harvard. I would probably prefer UCSF, don't think I would fit in at Harvard but this is just based on what I've heard, I've never actually been there.

Members don't see this ad :)
I didn't go to a UC school... but I'm on the west coast and my whole family is in Cali, so this is a tough decision for me too.
I interviewed at Harvard a couple of weeks ago, and it was awesome. All the students were laid back and super-interesting.. and the school just has so much money, that everything is cutting edge. I also really liked the societies. It's just also far from the family... Which might be ok. I'm not sure yet.

And i'll visit UCSF in a couple of weeks. The only thing I really know about it is from people I work with, who say its amazing, it would be their first choice, SF is great, but also that the environment seems "intense"?

I'd be curious to hear from people who have visited both and what they think the big selling points of each are.

Interviewed at UCSF a couple weeks ago - and was really impressed. All the students had so much energy and seemed to really enjoy being there (although it was the first day back after a final...) I haven't interviewed at Harvard yet, but I would choose UCSF over Harvard anyway. Boston is not me.

interviewing at harvard, but got rejected presecondary by UCSF so I'm gonna go with harvard by default :)