any UHS student ambassadors?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hyper_74

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I'm hoping that any UHS student ambassadors can answer a couple of questions. I have my interview on Dec 6.

I'm planning on going to the guest night with my fiancee, but I wasn't sure if I was supposed to be contacted. Should I have heard from them by now about that night?

On my interview day, should my fiancee come along? I wasn't sure if she would feel out-of-place, but if this is normal, I'll bring her.

Also, I'll be staying at the Holiday Inn on Westport Road, does anyone have recommendations on things to do while we are there for the weekend?

Thanks, any feedback will be very appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by hyper_74
Hi,
I'm hoping that any UHS student ambassadors can answer a couple of questions. I have my interview on Dec 6.

I'm planning on going to the guest night with my fiancee, but I wasn't sure if I was supposed to be contacted. Should I have heard from them by now about that night?

On my interview day, should my fiancee come along? I wasn't sure if she would feel out-of-place, but if this is normal, I'll bring her.

Also, I'll be staying at the Holiday Inn on Westport Road, does anyone have recommendations on things to do while we are there for the weekend?

Thanks, any feedback will be very appreciated.

I was told that it is more than ok to bring a spouse/significant other on the tour. My wife didn't come though because she would have had to bring our 1 year old daughter. So I got a tour from an ambassador the night before. If she does go with you, make sure she dresses professionally.

As for things to do around town. EAT BBQ! KC has some of the best BBQ in the country. so ask a local where the good restaurants are. Also, I was told to check out the plaza. I didn't get a chance to do this as we ran out of time before we had to return our rental and get to the airport.

Good luck,

WannabeDO

Check out the plaza. In fact, KC Masterpiece BBQ is on the plaza so you could do both at the same time. The plaza X-mas lights will be up while you are there, so it will be really pretty. Westport is extremely close to the plaza. Not even 5 minutes I bet. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey,
I'm not an ambassador, but I am a second year, so maybe I can answer your questions. First, the night before is a great time for your fiance to see where you'll spend the next two years. I don't think I'd bring her on your interview day though, she might feel a little out of place because I don't think that most people bring anybody with them, plus you'll be nervous.

As for things to do. There's ice skating at Crown Center, Union Station, and a lot of cool shops on the Plaza. Eat at Gate's BBQ, it's kind of expensive, but it will give you a taste of Kansas city.
If you have any specific questions don't hesitate to ask.

You guys have any tips for me? I have an interview on 11 dec. and I'm scared s*^t less. I already have an accepctence to LECOM. But UHS is my first choice. My fiance will be going there next year and it would suck to be seperated for 4 years.

First, relax! The interview is really laid back. The hardest part was the waiting to be called to the actual interview. I was the very last to go!!! All of the other candidates had already left before I went in to my interview. Other than that, it was a breeze. They will probably ask you some ethical/situational questions, but they are not out to burn you at the stake. Just remember to think out your response before responding. You will do fine.

Good luck,

WannabeDO

I noticed everyone else is mentioning CC Plaza for things to do. Westport's a pretty fun part of town as well. Just walk down Wesport Road, pick a restaurant or bar and enjoy yourself. If you're into sushi, some of the best I've ever had is about a 5 minute walk from the Holiday Inn on Westport Rd. Good luck!

Dear hyper_74,

To answer your direct call to ambassadors, I am a first-year student ambassador and would echo much of what has already been posted here. If you have time the weekend before, check out Westport Rd (like TAM said) and go take a jaunt around the Plaza, too.

Your fiance will hopefully get a good look at the place during the guest tour and the interview day IS your day but it all depends on how comfortable you are-- I would say most people come alone while their spouses check out the area/housing, but that may be different for you as you will have time the weekend before.

Please don't hesitate to post or PM if you have any further questions-- and, if you read the 2007 thread, you'll see that you have a very enthuisiasic group of classmates! Good luck!

Peace,
H