Any upcoming changes to the profession to look forward to?

Started by saywuh
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I hope the GetPT1st campaign keeps gaining momentum, as well as APTA's emphasis on us being the owners of the human movement system...and that we can make a more concerted effort to get the public more aware that physical activity prevents more disease than literally any medical intervention available, and that if there is something that is limiting your ability to be physically active a PT is more likely than not who you need to see. I think PTs, especially newer ones, are starting to own this identity more and more and I hope that continues.

I hope more articles like this make the rounds and that people start to recognize the value that PT has for such a vast array of health conditions:
http://mentalfloss.com/article/78002/16-conditions-you-didnt-know-physical-therapy-could-help-treat
 
I hope the GetPT1st campaign keeps gaining momentum, as well as APTA's emphasis on us being the owners of the human movement system...and that we can make a more concerted effort to get the public more aware that physical activity prevents more disease than literally any medical intervention available, and that if there is something that is limiting your ability to be physically active a PT is more likely than not who you need to see. I think PTs, especially newer ones, are starting to own this identity more and more and I hope that continues. PT

I hope more articles like this make the rounds and that people start to recognize the value that PT has for such a vast array of health conditions:
http://mentalfloss.com/article/78002/16-conditions-you-didnt-know-physical-therapy-could-help-treat

I just shared this article the other day on Facebook! A few of my friends chimed in how PTs deserve more credit.