Any updates on Univ Wisconsin Madison ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rxconquistador

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard back if they got an interview with UW-Madison?

The deadline was 11/1 - 3 weeks seems like a while....

Members don't see this ad.

Last I heard was Dec. 5th when they sent an e-mail saying that we would hear about an interview by December 22nd. My guess is they will wait until the 22nd. :)

I can't believe there aren't more people in this forum applying to Madison. I hope there are... I need to find someone who knows about the city and where some good locations to live might be.

Members don't see this ad :)
I haven't heard from Madison yet either. Waiting anxiously.

I was surprised there weren't more responses from others who were applying there also.

Have any of you read last year's interviewees evalutions? I feel kind of lukewarm about the school now.

I know there killing me with this wait. and there does seem to be very few people applying to UW on here. Whats up with that?

hey, i am inn as well. waiting anxiously for the interview email. i check my mail like crazy these days. this waiting business is not funny.

Hi,
I've applied to Madison as well as and I'm waiting to hear from them.
I actually went to UW Madison for a year and a half and I just transferred to UK this semester. Calorimeter, I can tell you that Madison is a beautiful city and the campus is great. Pharmacy building is awesome and the medical library is right next to the building. The lake right in the middle of the campus is "the place" to just get a rest or to have a break. You might want to consider the weather, because it gets very cold in the winter, as you might have guessed. The school rarely closes even if there is a blizzard, which happened last year. If you'd like to know more about the campus life, just let me know.

Yeah definitely very cold. I visited for the first time last winter and I don't know if that was just unusual or what but I was shocked. WI is nice in the Spring though. I toured the pharm building, it's really huge and nice, the cafeteria at the hospital is really good and right next door. Everything is connected (childrens hospital, md school, md library, regular hospital, pharm school, nursing school, etc), so ample opportunities to do anything. I met Jeff Johnson while I was there too, very nice professor. Although I didn't go looking for advice, he was looking for a tutor for his child. But him and his wife are cool, everyone in WI is pretty cool. :thumbup:
Just the weather is very uncool in winter (lol oxymoron kinda thing? whatever it's called, yeah that was lame, sorry :p)

I live in Wisconsin and have been to Madison a couple of times. I agree It is very beautiful I spent the whole day wandering about when I took my PCAT there. It is getting very close to the 22nd though and my nerves are going crazy. I have not been very pleasant lately. ;) Who is from out of state? and who is in State?

Madison is definetly a good city, probally the best in Wisconsin. But it does seem to snow a ton here, and the weather is totally unpredictable. Went from 40 degrees on Sunday to like 5 on Monday, it sucks. But at least the pharm school is connected to everything else on the campus, we don't get that kind of thing here on the undergraduate campus.

I don't think we are going to hear anything until Dec. 22nd.

When I first read the email, I assumed they'd be sending responses earlier but I guess not.

Merry Xmas to me if I get the reject letter in the mail on the 22nd - what timing.

I'm in Milwaukee, WI.

22nd is monday. i hope they dont keep us in suspense over the wknd. that will be so unfair.

Members don't see this ad :)
How's UW-madison, i've been considering going here as well.

Wow I hadn't even thought about the people from out of state that need to buy a plane ticket. I'm glad that I'm in wisconsin.

Maybe next monday will be the day the email is sent. Who knows.

I'm glad that they will be interviewing 2 people for each spot. If you get an interview the odds are 50 percent. Not too shabby.

Unless your from out of state, then your odds are still probally 1 to 4. Thank god Im in state :)

another day, no email :(

Out of staters that get an interview have a 1 in 20 shot overall. There are 130 spots total for the class & per their webpage a max of 10% can be out of state.

But the odds that they are going to interview 260 out of staters is unlikely so the odds are much better. I would assume they will interview 25 to 30 out of staters for the 13 spots. And because of the reciprocity agreement with Minnesota probably a good chunk from viking land.

I'm glad i don't have statistics this semester because this short post is making my head hurt :)

i understand how u feel. that is how many states schools operate. the competition is so intense for us but if u are lucky to be called for an interview then ur probability(there we go with statistics again) of getting accepted is high. their tuition is not bad even if u r from out state as compared to some in state private schools and their programme is also great. hope they make things a little easy for us by letting us know our status today.

Yep, everytime I open my e-mail I look away, but as of right now still no e-mail. Hopefully the snow Wi is getting hit with tonight will prompt them to finish decisions this afternoon (if they want a snow day tomorrow):xf:.

let the snow begin then. let it snow........

I know when I had applied last year to University of Wisconsin for pharmacy school everyone received an interview just as long as you correctly filled out the application correctly. Maybe they changed this but I know that this was the case last year. Remembering that Wisconsin just started interviews 3 years ago, there still isn't that much emphasis on them. Make sure you have a solid GPA and a high PCAT. They are all about them both. Also make sure you put emphasis on diversity because they need to bring up these numbers (A comment they made to majority of the people who didn't get accepted) They do state it as needing more "Cultural Competence".

Good luck to you all and don't worry the interview is very easy and not to be worried about. Hope you hear soon!

Check your online application for Madtown!

They have entered interview time on my application.

Yippeeee!

Good luck to everyone else!

Thanks for posting that!!!!!!!!

You are my favorite person ever :) I made the cut & have an interview scheduled, yay.

Now I have 3 weeks to practice my non regional diction.

The arsonist had oddly shaped feet!

January 8 interview at 3pm. Anyone else??

January 8 at 11:30 am. Yes!!! :) Good luck everyone else!

Oh yeah Bowler, they made the interviews competitive this year, 2 people for 1 spot. Plus they changed some other stuff with courses you could take before pharm school for credit in pharm school. They also are not taking January PCAT scores either. But I really don't know all that much about the interview procees or anything like that.

Last edited:
January 9th at 10:30 AM!! Yay~~
I'm so excited cause I'm out of state and I was so worried about such a competitive chance for me. Good luck everyone~

jan 10, sat, 11:00 am
good luck to everybody

january 9th @ 2:00PM!!!!!!! I am so happy for all of you (and me too!)! If you look on SDN there are people from last year that posted some questions they were asked during last years interviews. They probably won't have the same questions, but better to be more prepared.

It sounds like they are doing things differently. IF it does remain a similar interview style don't be worried it is very relaxing. I also know they asked the VERY same questions all three years of their interviews. Good luck to you all!

What are some questions they've asked in the past?

Here are the questions they asked the past 3 years. They may not have been worded directly the same but very similar.

Question 1: Explain a time in your life when you had to make a decision between right and wrong. What did you pick and what was the outcome?

Question 2: Describe a time in your past when you learned something you didn't think was important, but you did use it in the future. How does this relate to pharmacy?

Here are the questions they asked the past 3 years. They may not have been worded directly the same but very similar.

Question 1: Explain a time in your life when you had to make a decision between right and wrong. What did you pick and what was the outcome?

Question 2: Describe a time in your past when you learned something you didn't think was important, but you did use it in the future. How does this relate to pharmacy?

can someone give some example answers that would be acceptable because I sometimes suck at interviews.LOL

Are you kidding me?!

What time? Now I can't leave the house!

Congratulations! I would have either peed my pants or started laughing hysterically!

These last couple of weeks of waiting are harder than I imagined.

Congratulations again!

Are you kidding me?!

What time? Now I can't leave the house!

Congratulations! I would have either peed my pants or started laughing hysterically!

These last couple of weeks of waiting are harder than I imagined.

Congratulations again!

Thank you MyDogBil. My understanding is that the phone call is not a routine practice. The caller told me that only a few applicants were called. I hope that you get that letter of acceptance though. You should probably get something in the mail in a week or so. Bon chance!!

My gf, an OOS applicant, received a phone call on 03/05 as well. Good luck to whoever is waiting for UW-Madison.

OOS = out-of-state, just like you. Right UCB?

I got a phone call on Thursday 3/5/09 saying that I got accepted to UW-Madison and I'm an in State student

Do you think that the letters for those they didn't call will be sent out later? I am so worried now.

If we didn't get a phone call, does that mean we didn't get accepted?
I heard from a girl who was rejected last year that people who get accepted get notified about a week earlier than those who didn't get accepted.
I'm worried, sad, and disappointed.
I still want to keep my hopes up, but the reality won't let me...

Do you think they are doing this to shore up the out of state applicants that they fear might accept an offer to go elsewhere and those top applicants for in state? I'm not sure they would call 130 people, but maybe.

One question for those who got the call, did they give you any website where you can log in to get info on deposits and such or other info? Or if you try and log into the website where they gave the interview info does it show that you are accepted?

Do you think they are doing this to shore up the out of state applicants that they fear might accept an offer to go elsewhere and those top applicants for in state? I'm not sure they would call 130 people, but maybe.

One question for those who got the call, did they give you any website where you can log in to get info on deposits and such or other info? Or if you try and log into the website where they gave the interview info does it show that you are accepted?

There's no website to check. The phone call was just to congratulate the accepted applicants and let them know the official letter will arrive in a week or so.

I don't they would call every single accepted applicants. If UW-Madison is your top choice, I recommend sending them a letter of intent to express your interest in the school, give them an update in grades or other relevant information.

Good luck guys/gals. It's not over until this fall starts so don't give up yet.

I called the admissions office this morning and asked if we didn't get a call is it safe to assume we didn't get in.

She said not to assume that.

She also said letters go out this week. They were not sent out yesterday, so looks like I will not be doing the ten yard dash out there today.

Thanks for going to the source and getting the scoop!

Did they explain why they were making the calls? Seems weird.