any views of these places??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wannabeapmr

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
i have interviewed at University of Southern Cal, Albert Einstein Beth ISrael, Hennepin Regions Medical Center, Baystate-Tufts, SUNY-Upstate so far...i have a couple more coming..

Any info on these programs?? How do i rank these?

Mine: 1) USC 2) Beth Israel 3) Baystate-Tufts 4) Suny-Upstate 5) Hennepin-Regions

Is ranking 6 programs a risk? i am caribbean student with average stats. I want to maximize my chances. Thank you for any help in advace

Members don't see this ad.

i have interviewed at University of Southern Cal, Albert Einstein Beth ISrael, Hennepin Regions Medical Center, Baystate-Tufts, SUNY-Upstate so far...i have a couple more coming..

Any info on these programs?? How do i rank these?

Mine: 1) USC 2) Beth Israel 3) Baystate-Tufts 4) Suny-Upstate 5) Hennepin-Regions

Is ranking 6 programs a risk? i am caribbean student with average stats. I want to maximize my chances. Thank you for any help in advace

So now it's wannabeashrink? Yes, given the competitiveness of recent matches, I'd say it'd be a risk to just rank 6 programs. How you rank them is entirely up to you. In terms of reputation, I'd say USC and Hennepin-Regions have an edge on the others - but other factors and your ultimate career goals would play a major role in how any rank list would play out.

SUNY Upstate is stronger than you'd expect for the size of the city or its status in the middle tier, and the middle of NY State. Especially for outpatient psychopharm and psychodynamic and CBT supervision during 3rd/4th years (there is really more of a well rounded focus--not just meds, not just therapy, but both, and the opportunity to do and learn both early on). Probably the first 2 yrs are similar to other places. A mix of inpatient, outpt substance abuse, some outpatient VA stuff, consult-liaison, some emergency psych stuff, etc., and some less intense rotations including some elective time.

Glad you intereviewed there.