Any waitlist movement yet?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
This is my 1st time posting at SDN so am apologizing in advance if I f this up & also that this will be a longass entry.

For a first-time post, maintaining the above list is quite impressive. There are long-time SDN users who have a tough time keeping the list straight. ;)

In all honesty, I was planning on starting the (re)application process this week because I thought it wasn't going to happen for me, but it seems like if you are in the upper tier of the wait list, you will get in, but it may be as last minute as the day before classes start.

Congratulations to you for your acceptances, and also for no longer having to worry about waitlists or applying for the next year! I was in a very similar situation to you, so I know how it feels. I think you're right, as far as upper-waitlisting is concerned. Seems to me like if you can manage to get upper-tier at 2-3 different schools, your shot of getting an acceptance during a particular year is pretty high. Just be prepared to do a lot of waiting. ;)

Once again, congratulations in joining us in the Class of 2011!

Members don't see this ad.

AZCOM: binx (WL- provisionally accepted)
ATSU SOMA: Lateapp (WL 5/11)
CCOM:neuronick (WL), DocHollyDay(WL)
DMU: gujumd (WL), whatdapho (WL)
LECOM-B: fabu1ous (WL), lala83 (WL, 6/06), tina22 (WL), Dr. GG (WL), Princ3d (WL, 5/30), mkendall (?), robertcpaulson (WL)
LMU DCOM: businessman (WL), lala83 (WL), mkendall (?), robertcpaulson (WL), cmoney77 (7/10)
LECOM-Erie: padunty (WL 4/17), cutievans(4/20), keithengineer(WL5/17), DocHollyDay(5/17), aleksap (WL 4/20)
NYCOM: JP104 (WL 5/14)
PCOM: turtle582 (WL 2/26), Bbjk84 (WL 3/28), Petek (Feb,5/26), Onstarr (3/17)
PCOM-Georgia: lrobin15 (WL 4/08), lala83 (WL), robertcpaulson (WL)
PCSOM: lala83 (WL)
TOURO-MI: businessman (WL), misspiti (WL, high, 06/05),binx (WL high), pre-med Ned (WL high, 6/5), keep83 (WL, high), robertcpaulson (WL high, 6/5), sghazi (WL, high-tier2)
TOURO-NV: StringerBell (WL 3/30, 5/21) , the kahuna (WL), pks3211 (WL), Wizards323 (WL), keithengineer(WL), rwilky63 (WL 4/26, 5/22), robertcpaulson (WL), Lateapp (WL 4/26, 6/5), aleksap (WL 3/30), cmr (WL 5/7), aawesome (WL 4/30, top 1/3, 7/10)
TOURO-NY: padunty (WL 3/15), businessman (WL), aawesome (WL 6/4)
UNECOM:youngtraumadoc (WL 3/20, 2nd quartile), SunshineNYC (WL, 2nd quartile)
VCOM: SunshineNYC (WL, not top 10)
WESTERN/COMP: StringerBell (WL 4/21, high, 7/6), misspiti (WL, high, 7/5), chupacabara (WL, regular), msiu79 (WL), the kahuna (WL), Wizards323 (WL), robertcpaulson (WL), aleksap (WL, regular), heuristicdoc (WL, high), aawesome (WL 4/30, high, 7/6)
WVSOM: businessman (WL 5/30), mkendall (?), lorid817 (?)

===Guide for Adding/Editing===
1. Use Quote function.
2. Remove (Quote= ) and (/Quote) tags at beginning/end of message. They will, of course, use brackets instead of parentheses
3. Add yourself, using green for acceptances from the waitlist
4. Remove extraneous commentary below this guide

This is my 1st time posting at SDN so am apologizing in advance if I f this up & also that this will be a longass entry.

Western
I got an acceptance letter from Western, I'm guessing it arrived on Friday. Unfortunately, I was out of town and did not get the letter until Monday. I called Cameron at Western on Tuesday at noon EST, so 9AM over there & she told me that my acceptance was rolling & the class was full again. In fact someone took the last seat just that morning. But I was first in line if I gave her the $2000 deposit right away, which I did. Wednesday afternoon, she calls me to tell me that someone deferred or something & I am officially in. Had a spot not opened up between now & the 1st day of class, I would have been guaranteed to start at Western Fall 2008 instead.

FYI:
- 3 people dropped last week & at least 1 person dropped their spot this week.
- Last year someone dropped the day before classes started.
- I was ranked high priority on the wait list.

If you do get an acceptance from Western & you want to go there, I recommend you call them immediately because they obviously give out more acceptances than there are spots. From what Cameron told me, they just send out letters to people & it's first come first serve.

Touro NV
I got a call from Roger Corbman on Tuesday, offering me a spot at Tour NV & he gave me until Friday noon EST to make a decision and get back to him.

Obviously I called him on Wednesday as soon as I heard that I was definitely in Western (for this year).

FYI: In the beginning of June Roger sent me this info via email: "For your information, you are in the top third of the remaining 150 students on the waitlist. We have moved 14 students from the waitlist so far. We have gone through 47 students on the waitlist to get the 14 student accepts."

Touro NY
I interviewed there May 30 & they told us the class was full & we were interviewing for the wait list. I think I was ranked 33 or something. I spoke with someone there a couple weeks ago & there has been very little movement. I think since they filled up their class, only a few people have given up their spots.

In all honesty, I was planning on starting the (re)application process this week because I thought it wasn't going to happen for me, but it seems like if you are in the upper tier of the wait list, you will get in, but it may be as last minute as the day before classes start.

Ok done now! Congrats to everyone who got acceptances & good luck to those playing the waiting game.

congrats!!! i'll be seeing you at Western in the fall!

where do you currently live?

congrats!! I know you have been waiting a while .. i'm happy for you!!

good luck with all the planning etc :)

Thanks a lot, I do have a lot of things to take care of. But once I get everything settled I should be in for one nice ride.

Members don't see this ad :)
StringerBell & misspiti, thanks! Looking forward to seeing you guys in the fall!

I'm currently living in Manhattan.

Hey aawesome,

i interviewed with you at touro! any chance you are originally from L.A,? i'm the chica originally from Ky now living Upstate. Congrats on your acceptances!!

binx

LECOM-B: fabu1ous (WL), lala83 (WL, 6/06), tina22 (WL), Dr. GG (WL), Princ3d (WL, 5/30), mkendall (?), robertcpaulson (WL)
LMU DCOM: businessman (WL), lala83 (WL), mkendall (?), robertcpaulson (WL, 7/20), cmoney77 (7/10)
LECOM-Erie: padunty (WL 4/17), cutievans(4/20), keithengineer(WL5/17), DocHollyDay(5/17), aleksap (WL 4/20)
TOURO-MI: businessman (WL), misspiti (WL, high, 06/05),binx (WL high), pre-med Ned (WL high, 6/5), keep83 (WL, high), robertcpaulson (WL high, 6/5), sghazi (WL, high-tier2)
TOURO-NV: StringerBell (WL 3/30, 5/21) , the kahuna (WL), pks3211 (WL), Wizards323 (WL), keithengineer(WL), rwilky63 (WL 4/26, 5/22), robertcpaulson (WL), Lateapp (WL 4/26, 6/5), aleksap (WL 3/30), cmr (WL 5/7), aawesome (WL 4/30, top 1/3, 7/10)
WESTERN/COMP: StringerBell (WL 4/21, high, 7/6), misspiti (WL, high, 7/5), chupacabara (WL, regular), msiu79 (WL), the kahuna (WL), Wizards323 (WL), robertcpaulson (WL), aleksap (WL, regular), heuristicdoc (WL, high), aawesome (WL 4/30, high, 7/6)

===Guide for Adding/Editing===
1. Use Quote function.
2. Remove (Quote= ) and (/Quote) tags at beginning/end of message. They will, of course, use brackets instead of parentheses
3. Add yourself, using green for acceptances from the waitlist
4. Remove extraneous commentary below this guide

I just got an email today saying that if I don't get off the waitlist this year, I am automatically in for 2008!

I just got an email today saying that if I don't get off the waitlist this year, I am automatically in for 2008!

Awesome, businessman! I do hope it's this year, so that you don't have to wait. If it's next year, are you going to apply for the next cycle, or are you going to relax, and just wait for the acceptance to roll in? :)

As for me, I have withdrawn from Touro-NV. I hope someone here gets my spot! I am Western-bound.

Thanks StingerBell!!! I hope it is this year as well, but I am way happy either way. I'm just going to relax and wait for the acceptance. Congrats to you by the way!!!

Awesome, businessman! I do hope it's this year, so that you don't have to wait. If it's next year, are you going to apply for the next cycle, or are you going to relax, and just wait for the acceptance to roll in? :)

As for me, I have withdrawn from Touro-NV. I hope someone here gets my spot! I am Western-bound.

LMU DCOM: businessman (WL), lala83 (WL), mkendall (?), robertcpaulson (WL, 7/20), cmoney77 (7/10)

I just found out on Friday! I had been in the top ten for a while... though I didn't start out there. Now, I'm headed to VCOM. I'm still on the waiting list at UNECOM, but haven't heard anything, and so I'll withdraw from that now. Good luck to everyone!

Just wanted to say good luck to anyone still waiting to hear back. It is getting down to the wire.

Do any of the accpeted students at TUCOM-NV know how many people they have accepted from the waitlist and how many they went through to get to this number? Also, are any of you giving up your spot to go to another college? I guess I am at that point where I have to figure out if I should give up hope of getting into TUCOM-NV. Anyhow, thanks for any information you can give me.

Also, are any of you giving up your spot to go to another college? I guess I am at that point where I have to figure out if I should give up hope of getting into TUCOM-NV.

Don't give up hope.
I withdrew...and I just received an e-mail saying that they have updated the Class of 2011 / Class of 2010 "Big Sib / Little Sib" program list because of withdrawals and/or deferrals. So it may still happen! Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Do any of the accpeted students at TUCOM-NV know how many people they have accepted from the waitlist and how many they went through to get to this number? Also, are any of you giving up your spot to go to another college? I guess I am at that point where I have to figure out if I should give up hope of getting into TUCOM-NV. Anyhow, thanks for any information you can give me.

When I e-mailed Mr. Corbman about the waitlist earlier this week he told me that they have moved around 32 ppl from the waitlist with 133 remaining. From what I remember, the original number was around 190 or so. If anyone else has a more accurate number, feel free to add. Hope this helps and good luck.

Any last minute withdrawals/acceptances?

Thanks StingerBell!!! I hope it is this year as well, but I am way happy either way. I'm just going to relax and wait for the acceptance. Congrats to you by the way!!!

yayyyyyyyyyy!!! that's amazing businessman!!!:biglove:
i'm SO SO happy for you!! it's so great that wvsom gave you that assurance so you don't have to go through this process again!! i knew things would work out!!
CONGRATS again!!:D

I wanted to ask if there are people who have acceptances to LMU-DCOM and are not really planning on attending there because of another acceptance...

I'm just asking because i was wondering if there is any hope for me. Thank you guys very much

I got into my first choice school!!
Apparently two people cancelled this morning, so I will be there on monday!

Wow! congrats aleksap!!! :clap::clap::clap:

Is this your only acceptance or were you holding out for your first choice? Either way-- best of luck to you!!

Yes, it's my only acceptance in the US and I am on two other waitlists but at this point I think they are both no longer moving!

I am still in shock that I got this call today; I really thought all the movement was over! :D

I am still in shock that I got this call today; I really thought all the movement was over! :D

Congratulations, Aleksap!
It's great to get the call, isn't it? Granted, now you only have like 4 days to move to Nevada and get started...but it doesn't even matter now, does it? It's awesome!

Thanks! I don't mind moving at the last minute, it will be worth it! But the one thing that I hate is giving my boss such short notice that I'm leaving! But you've got to do what you've got to do. :)

I got into my first choice school!!
Apparently two people cancelled this morning, so I will be there on monday!

I was one of them :) Enjoy MY seat at Touro :thumbup: jk Good Job

(im not joking though..I did withdraw that day)

TOURO-NY: padunty (WL 3/15), businessman (WL), aawesome (WL 6/4), doctor phil (high WL 4/29, early '08 acceptance 6/4, '07 acceptance 8/9)

I will take the spot at Touro. :) Not giving up any spots (don't have any). I'm still waitlisted at 1 other school.