Any Walgreens Pharmacist Excited.....?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

princeafrica

Endodontist
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Any of you WAG pharmacist excited about your store potentially doing deliveries? lol

I just had to do a PPL today that said my store at least will start doing Fedex deliveries........... WAG just keeps adding piles of work and reducing the number of techs and pharmacist overlap.
 
Any of you WAG pharmacist excited about your store potentially doing deliveries? lol

I just had to do a PPL today that said my store at least will start doing Fedex deliveries........... WAG just keeps adding piles of work and reducing the number of techs and pharmacist overlap.
Just like the express pick up, patients won’t use it
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Any of you WAG pharmacist excited about your store potentially doing deliveries? lol

I just had to do a PPL today that said my store at least will start doing Fedex deliveries........... WAG just keeps adding piles of work and reducing the number of techs and pharmacist overlap.

Working at an independent, I know patient actually like meds being delivered but only if it's maintenance meds.
 
Working at an independent, I know patient actually like meds being delivered but only if it's maintenance meds.

I floated at a Walgreens inside a hospital and they had two techs that just managed deliveries and nothing else..... The most tech my store has is 3 overlapping for 3 hours only. We don't even have enough computers for the problems we gotta deal with. They keep cutting hours and oh my pharmacy is in an undesirable neighborhood lol. Many floater pharmacist have vowed never to come back after one shift lol. No new tech survives here for more than 3 weeks either
 
I floated at a Walgreens inside a hospital and they had two techs that just managed deliveries and nothing else..... The most tech my store has is 3 overlapping for 3 hours only. We don't even have enough computers for the problems we gotta deal with. They keep cutting hours and oh my pharmacy is in an undesirable neighborhood lol. Many floater pharmacist have vowed never to come back after one shift lol. No new tech survives here for more than 3 weeks either

I guess you are thinking about switching profession to dental? somethings I also think whether i should get out of this gig
 
I guess you are thinking about switching profession to dental? somethings I also think whether i should get out of this gig

LOL I switched September 2017! I was pre-pharmacy for 2 years and I started working at Walgreens and pretty much hated everything about it. Especially how I have to hold my breath every time I type a prescription and hope that the insurance doesn't reject it.....

I knew about all the saturation and stuff but kept ignoring it because I was scared to switch after having put in a lot of time to be a great applicant and pharmacy schools representatives were hyping me up. One day a floater asked me what I wanted to go...I said I am applying to pharmacy school August 2018.....he looked at me like I was dumb lol..and told me to runaway lol. From then on I started asking every pharmacist I met, even clinical hospital pharmacist, "If you could start over would you go into pharmacy again?" ....they all said no lol. I even asked physicians.....most said no or said to become a PA.......I asked dentists......all of them said yes without hesitation.

My friend who had actually applied to pharmacy school and then declined the acceptance and applied to dental the following year and got a full ride actually introduced me to dentistry. I shadowed a lot and really liked it. I found out it fit me more in terms of how hands on it was and increased patient contact.........and the autonomy....
 
Last edited:
LOL I switched September 2017! I was pre-pharmacy for 2 years and I started working at Walgreens and pretty much hated everything about it. Especially how I have to hold my breath every time I type a prescription and hope that the insurance doesn't reject it.....

I knew about all the saturation and stuff but kept ignoring it because I was scared to switch after having put in a lot of time to be a great applicant and pharmacy schools representatives were hyping me up. One day a floater asked me what I wanted to go...I said I am applying to pharmacy school August 2018.....he looked at me like I was dumb lol..and told me to runaway lol. From then on I started asking every pharmacist I met, even clinical hospital pharmacist, "If you could start over would you go into pharmacy again?" ....they all said no lol. I even asked physicians.....most said no or said to become a PA.......I asked dentists......all of them said yes without hesitation.

My friend who had actually applied to pharmacy school and then declined the acceptance and applied to dental the following year and got a full ride actually introduced me to dentistry. I shadowed a lot and really liked it. I found out it fit me more in terms of how hands on it was and increased patient contact...... no PRIOR AUTH.....and the autonomy.... so fast forward to this year, I took the DAT, applied to dental school and so far have 10/13 interviews and I am now just waiting on December 3rd to hear back.

You should go to the dental forum and read about the saturation there. They still have the same exact problem pharmacy does lol. Also, most insurances don't consider dental necessary anymore (which I disagree with immensely) so you'll have trouble finding insurances that will cover your services to which patients wont wanna pay for. Don't come here and act all high and mighty.
 
You should go to the dental forum and read about the saturation there. They still have the same exact problem pharmacy does lol. Also, most insurances don't consider dental necessary anymore (which I disagree with immensely) so you'll have trouble finding insurances that will cover your services to which patients wont wanna pay for. Don't come here and act all high and mighty.

Seems like you haven't been there enough then. No one is acting mighty...I just listened to you guys lol. Saturation is in places like New York and California and all the populated cities and am not a city person at all. No dentist goes "looking for insurance to cover their services either". If you want quick money and have no desire to own your own practice you can work at Comfort Dental and they will do all the ad for you. Most people that come to the dental office have Delta Dental.
 
Last edited:
How many students/year do dental schools graduate? Someone posted on the pharmacy forums they are graduating 15k PharmDs every year. That is scary.

You should go to the dental forum and read about the saturation there. They still have the same exact problem pharmacy does lol. Also, most insurances don't consider dental necessary anymore (which I disagree with immensely) so you'll have trouble finding insurances that will cover your services to which patients wont wanna pay for. Don't come here and act all high and mighty.
 
~6,000/year
18% job outlook

If you wanna work at the equivalent of Walgreens you go to Comfort Dental or Kool Smiles....and even then they will pay you more if you choose to increase your production.
 
LOL I switched September 2017! I was pre-pharmacy for 2 years and I started working at Walgreens and pretty much hated everything about it. Especially how I have to hold my breath every time I type a prescription and hope that the insurance doesn't reject it.....

I knew about all the saturation and stuff but kept ignoring it because I was scared to switch after having put in a lot of time to be a great applicant and pharmacy schools representatives were hyping me up. One day a floater asked me what I wanted to go...I said I am applying to pharmacy school August 2018.....he looked at me like I was dumb lol..and told me to runaway lol. From then on I started asking every pharmacist I met, even clinical hospital pharmacist, "If you could start over would you go into pharmacy again?" ....they all said no lol. I even asked physicians.....most said no or said to become a PA.......I asked dentists......all of them said yes without hesitation.

My friend who had actually applied to pharmacy school and then declined the acceptance and applied to dental the following year and got a full ride actually introduced me to dentistry. I shadowed a lot and really liked it. I found out it fit me more in terms of how hands on it was and increased patient contact...... no PRIOR AUTH.....and the autonomy.... so fast forward to this year, I took the DAT, applied to dental school and so far have 10/13 interviews and I am now just waiting on December 3rd to hear back.
I think this was a good choice! I love my dentist and pay her a boatload of money every year. Sometimes she even leaves right after my noon appointment, and I know she doesn’t work the weekend!

Learn to be precise and personable and really good at your job. Protect your back. Keep your loans as low as you can. I would have totally advised this path - nice work.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think this was a good choice! I love my dentist and pay her a boatload of money every year. Sometimes she even leaves right after my noon appointment, and I know she doesn’t work the weekend!

Learn to be precise and personable and really good at your job. Protect your back. Keep your loans as low as you can. I would have totally advised this path - nice work.

Thank you!! and thanks for the advice I appreciate it
 
Seems like you haven't been there enough then. No one is acting mighty...I just listened to you guys lol. Saturation is in places like New York and California and all the populated cities and am not a city person at all. No dentist goes "looking for insurance to cover their services either". If you want quick money and have no desire to own your own practice you can work at Comfort Dental and they will do all the ad for you. Most people that come to the dental office have Delta Dental.
Lol dentistry is still GREAT! Im doing the same thing! Will take DAT next month. Good luck! I am sure you will get in! Looking forward to an acceptance next year myself 🙂
 
LOL I switched September 2017! I was pre-pharmacy for 2 years and I started working at Walgreens and pretty much hated everything about it. Especially how I have to hold my breath every time I type a prescription and hope that the insurance doesn't reject it.....

I knew about all the saturation and stuff but kept ignoring it because I was scared to switch after having put in a lot of time to be a great applicant and pharmacy schools representatives were hyping me up. One day a floater asked me what I wanted to go...I said I am applying to pharmacy school August 2018.....he looked at me like I was dumb lol..and told me to runaway lol. From then on I started asking every pharmacist I met, even clinical hospital pharmacist, "If you could start over would you go into pharmacy again?" ....they all said no lol. I even asked physicians.....most said no or said to become a PA.......I asked dentists......all of them said yes without hesitation.

My friend who had actually applied to pharmacy school and then declined the acceptance and applied to dental the following year and got a full ride actually introduced me to dentistry. I shadowed a lot and really liked it. I found out it fit me more in terms of how hands on it was and increased patient contact...... no PRIOR AUTH.....and the autonomy.... so fast forward to this year, I took the DAT, applied to dental school and so far have 10/13 interviews and I am now just waiting on December 3rd to hear back.

Choose the cheapest school after living costs are factored in.

Dental school costs between 250k and 400k for four years, and income has been in decline for a decade despite a protracted bull market. This decline is in both real and nominal terms, so it's quite pronounced.

Dentistry also faces saturation as new schools are rapidly being added.
Just make sure you have a plan.

Oral surgery is a good plan but you will have to be the very best to get into that. Orthodontics and endodontics are similar.
 
Choose the cheapest school after living costs are factored in.

Dental school costs between 250k and 400k for four years, and income has been in decline for a decade despite a protracted bull market. This decline is in both real and nominal terms, so it's quite pronounced.

Dentistry also faces saturation as new schools are rapidly being added.
Just make sure you have a plan.

Oral surgery is a good plan but you will have to be the very best to get into that. Orthodontics and endodontics are similar.

Thanks for the advice!! I have read a lot of your posts