Any Walgreens Senior Techs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tk1tpod

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do u guys ever feel you know more than your pharmacists? :p

Share your stories!

For me, I'm always helping them out with billing problems and sometimes even brand and generics! I even showed a pharmacist how to override DUR rejections a few times.

Members don't see this ad.

So what? I was a lead tech for a couple of years and did almost all computer entry. Sure, the newer pharmacists may not be up to speed on the billing but they will catch on. They don't teach pharmacists how to run ALL of the different RX programs available. It would be a huge waste of time and money to do that. Besides, do you know the mechanisms of action of at least 10 drugs? I doubt it. You may have the computer skills but those can be learned much faster than the things you would learn in pharmacy school.

So what? I was a lead tech for a couple of years and did almost all computer entry. Sure, the newer pharmacists may not be up to speed on the billing but they will catch on. They don't teach pharmacists how to run ALL of the different RX programs available. It would be a huge waste of time and money to do that. Besides, do you know the mechanisms of action of at least 10 drugs? I doubt it. You may have the computer skills but those can be learned much faster than the things you would learn in pharmacy school.

Amen to that

Members don't see this ad :)

Major pwnage.

To the OP -- in the long run, that means nothing. If there wasn't anyone there to understand what the DUR means in the first place, then you'd have no pharmacist to out-shine.

A little humility will go a long way.

Well, from what I seen after having so many years in retail is yes it does matter how fast you can resolve those computer issues. Without those computers, you will not be able to verify anything.

I'm not talking about NEW pharmacists either. I'm talking about pharmacists that have been around for awhile with the company. How can they not know their brands and generics sometimes?

I'm not trying to diss anyone or whatever. I'm just curious if anyone out there feels the same way sometimes. Of course I don't know all the drug mechanisms yet, that's why I'm going to pharmacy school for. However, in retail I rarely see people having to explain drug mechanisms to patients. It's all about side effects and how to take that medication and what not to take it with because of drug interactions.

So I'm sorry if I offended anyone. I didn't mean to post this thread to attack anyone or whatever.