I’ll bite since I see a few views but no response:
Yes: started at Wags, found myself enlisting in the army as a pharmacy specialist (ie tech), worked and traveled as one for a few years (while also attached to an air assault unit repelling out of blackhawks...YOLO).
Working up the ranks, I became an E-5 quickly (ie supervisory pharm tech) running clinics as a vault tech, budget our yearly $ with daily orders, assisting our pharmacists, prioritizing our pa non-formulary drug patients, work inpatient in the iv hood, etc.
After working 65 - 90 hours weekly while multi-tasking my other duties, I got “damaged” and put on a medical retirement. My take-aways are as follow:
1) My pharmD will be 100% paid for through my service entitlements. This includes housing and a book stipend with money directed into my account.
2) As a disabled veteran (Feb 26th 2019), I am placed as a priority applicant (such as the VA) for federal job placements.
3) Qualified for low-price health coverage with tax free compensation (~$2k) deposited into my bank account monthly for life ( which is adjusted yearly for inflation ).
If I had none of my current benefits, I would not pursue a pharmD. The market and costs work against an individuals future autonomy. My peace of mind will not be sacrificed as an opportunity cost.