Cherebourg

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Feb 4, 2005
55
0
Huckel
Status
Whoooooaaaa. I love you guys. If we don't have it bad trying to get in, I don't who does...
 

GuyLaroche

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Jan 4, 2005
798
1
Status
Hmmm, a few predictions:

1) Flammers are going to be drawn to this thread
2) It will be closed down

Now that said, I think your thread is pretty lame and there are implicit suggestions buried in the "I love you guys," part of the sentence that are worrisome. I hate to ask what white-cloak-wearing groups you might be affliliated with.
 

Shades McCool

Kal-el
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 2, 2002
889
1
38
Birmingham, Alabama
Visit site
Status
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Cherebourg said:
Whoooooaaaa. I love you guys. If we don't have it bad trying to get in, I don't who does...

Would you like to join my group?

To be a memeber you must meet the following requirements:
1. Must be a white male
2. Must be a biology major of some sort
3. Both parents must have graduated from college
4. Must have a trust fund
5. Must be a memeber of a country club
6. Must play from the blue tees

 
About the Ads

GuyLaroche

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Jan 4, 2005
798
1
Status
Shades McCool said:
Would you like to join my group?

To be a memeber you must meet the following requirements:
1. Must be a white male
2. Must be a biology major of some sort
3. Both parents must have graduated from college
4. Must have a trust fund
5. Must be a memeber of a country club
6. Must play from the blue tees

:laugh: :laugh: :confused:

Wait, you're from Alabama. We all know the racist past of that ungodly state(despite the ten commandments debacle outside the courthouse). Now, should I be concerned? Is this what it might appear to be...?
 

icebrat001

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 14, 2005
160
3
Arizona
Status
  1. Other Health Professions Student
Shades McCool said:
Would you like to join my group?

To be a memeber you must meet the following requirements:
1. Must be a white male
2. Must be a biology major of some sort
3. Both parents must have graduated from college
4. Must have a trust fund
5. Must be a memeber of a country club
6. Must play from the blue tees


not again...
 

Cherebourg

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Feb 4, 2005
55
0
Huckel
Status
GuyLaroche said:
Hmmm, a few predictions:

1) Flammers are going to be drawn to this thread
2) It will be closed down

Now that said, I think your thread is pretty lame and there are implicit suggestions buried in the "I love you guys," part of the sentence that are worrisome. I hate to ask what white-cloak-wearing groups you might be affliliated with.


First of all Mr. Laroche, the thread was started in jest. Jest, surely a concept even you can related to with your witty username?

Second, why should my Thread be shut down if the Black Female Pre-Med Thread be allowed to thrive.

Lastly, now that I think more about it 1) can it not be that white male pre-meds can have genuine concerns when applying to medical school that are unique to them without in any way shape or form having even a remote hint of veiled racism 2) Not that SDN need operate under First Amendment dictates, but why shouldn't a Thread like this one be allowed to exist as it attacks no one nor is obviously spewing invective?
 

Cherebourg

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Feb 4, 2005
55
0
Huckel
Status
virilep said:
yeah...i'm not a fan of this whole racial threading thing.


Dear Virile,

It Goes both ways. You can't have your cake and eat it too. We might be a majority, but we have a right to our Thread as long as do the "Black Female" for example.


Dear Madame Lulu,

I have loved you before under other aliases and I continue to do so...

Honestly, though I hadn't seen those other threads. But my, my what a repository of SDN folklore you are...a type of SDN librarian. Sexy one at that with glasses.....
 

docjolly

On Cloud Nine, Once Again
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 3, 2004
4,441
4
The Empire State
Status
  1. Attending Physician
Cherebourg said:
It Goes both ways. You can't have your cake and eat it too. We might be a majority, but we have a right to our Thread as long as do the "Black Female" for example.

:confused: It seems that no one who begins these threads (as demonstrated in the examples given by MadameLULU) can truly validate the existence of their respective threads without reasoning that, just because the "Black Females" have threads, they are entitled to one as well.

Not that I have anything against this thread, but it just seems to be an interesting thing to point out.

Cherebourg said:
First of all Mr. Laroche, the thread was started in jest.

:rolleyes:
Here lies the inherent problem with your thread. You state that it's intended as a joke. Clearly, the other thread you use to justify the existence of your thread is not a joke.
 

AStudent

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 24, 2005
877
8
Status
I have it pretty bad (with all due respect to other applicants):

White
Male
21-23
Science Degree
Lower-middle Class
Large state university for undergrad
Shorter


You just have to tough it out, make yourself stand out, and you will be accepted into medical school!
 

Rzarecta

Premed 2: Electric Bugalo
10+ Year Member
Oct 6, 2004
753
1
Status
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Hey Cherebourg, I hate to be the jerk but I have to say it. QUIT YOUR BITCHING! I am sorry that you haven't had much good news lately, but many of us are in the same boat and we aren't going around spewing out erratic threads with little to do about anything. So how bout you take a deep breath, put down your "White man's burden," and get on those letters of interest.
 

Cherebourg

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Feb 4, 2005
55
0
Huckel
Status
Rzarecta said:
Hey Cherebourg, I hate to be the jerk but I have to say it. QUIT YOUR BITCHING! I am sorry that you haven't had much good news lately, but many of us are in the same boat and we aren't going around spewing out erratic threads with little to do about anything. So how bout you take a deep breath, put down your "White man's burden," and get on those letters of interest.


You are right...i am whiing.... But if I can't have fun on SDN what can i do??? Would you rather I go postal at work or burden and whine to every family member I have. No sorry Mario you will have to put up with me...til I get in somewhere...
 
This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

  1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads