General Admissions & OTCAS Any WICHE students out there?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

greyjay

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Curious to see if there are other folks who have received or applied to receive the WICHE scholarship this year. The timeline for funding seems pretty complicated and drawn out state by state (Montana in my case).

I'm twiddling my thumbs waiting to hear if I'm the recipient at this point - anybody else going through this process?

Members don't see this ad.

I have also applied!! However, there is only one school that I am waiting to hear back from on the west coast. After I applied, they said that they verified that I am a citizen and my tax information. The next step was to inform them of the acceptances I receive. However, if I don't get into that school, there is no point in proceeding. It is a complicated process... I am in Hawaii.

I have also applied!! However, there is only one school that I am waiting to hear back from on the west coast. After I applied, they said that they verified that I am a citizen and my tax information. The next step was to inform them of the acceptances I receive. However, if I don't get into that school, there is no point in proceeding. It is a complicated process... I am in Hawaii.

Same here. I've been accepted to two WICHE participating schools but they are both private and I don't hear back about the scholarship until April!! The difference in tuition would be huge. It's so stressful!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey, I havent had any updates from WICHE since I was verified. Has anyone heard anything or know when we may hear back of a decision?

Hey, I havent had any updates from WICHE since I was verified. Has anyone heard anything or know when we may hear back of a decision?

I didn't receive any funding this year. Got the letter about 2 weeks ago.

Does anyone know when WICHE usually releases their list of students they are sponsoring? I'm from Hawaii and applying to DVM programs (all WICHE schools). UC Davis actually won't even let me know if I got in (non-resident or WICHE) until Hawaii lets me know if I was sponsored so I have to wait even longer for them! I was hoping someone might have a timeline when I should hopefully find out. I know I have to know before April 15th since that's when vet schools require you to accept/deny their admissions offers but hopefully it will be sooner than that...