1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

any words of wisdom?

Discussion in 'Medical Students - DO' started by myocyte2001, Jan 25, 2001.

1. myocyte2001

myocyte2001 Junior Member

I have a similar dilemma with the MCATs, well I don't know what scores I get on each section I just started studying, but have never been a very good test taker. As a result, I struggled with the GPA in undergrad. I am currently enrolled in a PhD program in Health Sciences (1st year), I also have a few years of a research lab experience. This summer I intend to take the MCATs and by next spring receive an MS, then apply to all the DO schools. I have intended, or wanted to become this type of a physician since I can remember. Does anyone one have any tips/suggestions? (My undergrad GPA is still haunting me, and not a very good test taker, meaning the MCATs), also have some publications.

thanks..

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. I'm assuming English isn't your first language based on your last post.

Language barriers can be tough. Study hard and study long for the MCAT. There is no way to get around it. How bad is your undergraduate GPA? 2.5? 3.0? How is your graduate GPA?

We need more information here. ;-)

W.

4. myocyte2001

sorry about the language, i am doing a few things at the same time (running experiments in the lab), but you are correct English is not my native language, which of course poses a big problem on the verbal section. 3.0 was the gpa. Last semester was rocky, it was quite difficult coming back to school after having taken some time off, but I have a very good feeling about this semester.
    thnks

5. myocyte2001

oh 3.0 was undergrad