any words of wisdom?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

myocyte2001

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a similar dilemma with the MCATs, well I don't know what scores I get on each section I just started studying, but have never been a very good test taker. As a result, I struggled with the GPA in undergrad. I am currently enrolled in a PhD program in Health Sciences (1st year), I also have a few years of a research lab experience. This summer I intend to take the MCATs and by next spring receive an MS, then apply to all the DO schools. I have intended, or wanted to become this type of a physician since I can remember. Does anyone one have any tips/suggestions? (My undergrad GPA is still haunting me, and not a very good test taker, meaning the MCATs), also have some publications.

thanks..

Members don't see this ad.

I'm assuming English isn't your first language based on your last post.

Language barriers can be tough. Study hard and study long for the MCAT. There is no way to get around it. How bad is your undergraduate GPA? 2.5? 3.0? How is your graduate GPA?

We need more information here. ;-)

W.

sorry about the language, i am doing a few things at the same time (running experiments in the lab), but you are correct English is not my native language, which of course poses a big problem on the verbal section. 3.0 was the gpa. Last semester was rocky, it was quite difficult coming back to school after having taken some time off, but I have a very good feeling about this semester.
thnks