Anybody applied DO with MD as backup?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

LooKing4Ward

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Personally, I don't think either should be a backup. Appreciate both philosophies and apply to both. Reality though is probably MD then DO.

I can imagine the day there are many many DO schools that competition to MD won't be so great.
 
LooKing4Ward said:
Personally, I don't think either should be a backup. Appreciate both philosophies and apply to both. Reality though is probably MD then DO.

I can imagine the day there are many many DO schools that competition to MD won't be so great.
I don't think that'll happen. If your numbers are high enough to apply to MD schools then you don't need to apply to MD schools in case DO schools do not work out. It doesn't make any sense. Although there are people applying to MD schools just to show that they could get into MD schools but would rather go to a DO school instead. It's the ego thing I guess.