Anybody else applying to SCCP?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cc_123

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is anybody else applying to South Carolina College of Pharmacy that has heard anything? Specifically the Charleston campus. Pharmcas sent my applications about three weeks ago and I haven't heard anything. I've heard from all of my other schools but not SCCP? I was just wondering if anybody has submitted an app to them and heard something. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

My pharmcas was verified on August 27th (submitted on the 7th) and I heard back for an interview for september 18th. Still waiting to hear if I got accepted or not. Also have an interview at Presbyterian tomorrow

Ok, mine was verified on 10/1 so that makes me feel better...was it Columbia or Charleston? And if you don't mind, what are your stats?

Members don't see this ad :)
I did early decision and was in the first round of interviews but I haven't heard anything back yet. Has anyone been accepted yet? Maybe the flood has delayed the admissions committee?

What was the interview like?
It was really conversational. You do two interviews. The first one was a conversation but he quizzed me on scientific topics and concepts. The second one was more to get to know you as an individual.

Woah that sounds intense...at least the science topics part

and my stats are:
3.72 GPA
62 Pcat first time, 79 PCAT second time
120+ hours Pharmacy exposure
100+ hours volunteering
CVS pharmacy technician

Last edited:
I got accepted too.
Stats:

3.42 gpa
97 PCAT
50+ hours pharmacy exp
B.S. Chemistry

I just found out I got an interview! Super nervous.

Could the delay be the unmerging of USC and MUSC that made the SCCP? I understand that after 1o years the SCCP is now the USC COP and the MUSC COP and they are separate.
Might this explain the matter?

This would definitely explain the study guides generously shared on flashnotes for classes (Dosage forms, I think...I hear it was pretty awesome) that might be quite similar after the unmerging. Sounds like a bunch of really great students to help out incoming P1s.

Could the delay be the unmerging of USC and MUSC that made the SCCP? I understand that after 1o years the SCCP is now the USC COP and the MUSC COP and they are separate.
Might this explain the matter?

This would definitely explain the study guides generously shared on flashnotes for classes (Dosage forms, I think...I hear it was pretty awesome) that might be quite similar after the unmerging. Sounds like a bunch of really great students to help out incoming P1s.

I know they said that they would give us the final decision mid March to end of March at the latest! And which study guides are you talking about?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile