Anybody else going to the mailbox thinking maybe....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Spang

SDN Angel
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
After one month of waiting, is anyone else going to the mailbox thinking maybe they scored the MCAT faster this year? Maybe using that new Supercomputer they're running the AMCAS app on?! ;)

Won't be long now!

Members don't see this ad.

I have to admit that I have started to feel excited every time I check my mail. I know it's too early, but I'm still getting antsy.

I dont think you guys should be getting excited. Those MCAT BASTARDS never get anything done on time, if anything, they'll be late.

Members don't see this ad :)
When I took the MCAT, I got it several weeks before expected.

I've actually thought about it, but I knew I was being unrealistic. I wouldn't be surprised if we get our scores a week or two later than expected. They might be using resources and funds from the MCAT to fix thier AAMC application server.

Originally posted by Spang:
•After one month of waiting, is anyone else going to the mailbox thinking maybe they scored the MCAT faster this year? Maybe using that new Supercomputer they're running the AMCAS app on?! ;)

Won't be long now!•

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! :D :D :D :D :D :D

Hi all! :)

A friend of mine who took the exam in April of 2000 received her score a full MONTH late. Apparently the MCAT people somehow mixed up her preferred mailing address and mailed it to her campus address instead of the home address that she *distinctly* remembered marking on the form. This whole fiasco caused her to delay her application to the point where she gave up and waited until this year to consider medical school again. I'd bet this was a freak incidence, but it can apparently happen. So be thankful if your scores EVER come at all. ;)

Memo to any MCAT people out there: there's GOT to be an easier way than filling in the mailing info on the DAY of the exam and then screwing people over like this. :(

Ya know, this is an interesting thread... I remember feeling the same way all of you do at this very moment.

And when I finally got the envelope I couldn't open it for 24 hours.....

IT'S HERE, IT'S HERE! I can't believe it!
Let me just get it open and, wait a minute.., this is a credit card application!
:mad: