Anybody every have this problem? ADT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kimoolos

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,
Here's my situation I'm awaiting a 3rd set of amended orders. My first set, had the incorrect start and end dates and had no rental car. So I made the amendment, and 2 weeks later received the orders, and this time I had a rental car, but the start and end dates were still wrong. Then I made the final amendment and they said the correct dates are being processed. So the correct dates are very soon (the 14th), but I can't make my travel arrangements b/c my final orders are still not processed. I feel like I'm running out of time, but have no choice but to sit on my hands until I receive the amended orders. Anyone every schedule their flight itinerary a day before they were actually suppose to report? Because that's probably when I'll receive my final orders. Any suggestions?
Oh yeah, I'm Army HPSP, 3rd year veterinary student.
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Yes. I've had that problem. In fact, I think I have a similar problem every time orders are generated. Welcome to the military! It gets better when you're on active duty and can actually walk over to the person screwing up and whup them upside the head.

But wait, there's more. On active duty, I get to write my OWN orders using a crazy cockamamie program called DTS. It takes hours to figure out the first time, and then it still gets sent to someone else to screw up (or tell you how you screwed up.) It's all good fun.

Hey all,
Here's my situation I'm awaiting a 3rd set of amended orders. My first set, had the incorrect start and end dates and had no rental car. So I made the amendment, and 2 weeks later received the orders, and this time I had a rental car, but the start and end dates were still wrong. Then I made the final amendment and they said the correct dates are being processed. So the correct dates are very soon (the 14th), but I can't make my travel arrangements b/c my final orders are still not processed. I feel like I'm running out of time, but have no choice but to sit on my hands until I receive the amended orders. Anyone every schedule their flight itinerary a day before they were actually suppose to report? Because that's probably when I'll receive my final orders. Any suggestions?
Oh yeah, I'm Army HPSP, 3rd year veterinary student.
Thanks!

One of the guys I was on ADT with 2 months ago had a similar problem. He simply showed up with what he had and let the GME coordinator deal with it, which she promptly did and in about 1/100 of the time/effort.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the replies. Glad to hear I'm not the only one. I wish I could just show up but that'd mean I'd have to buy the plane ticket myself I think. If I don't get an answer by Monday next week I'll probably just start calling everyone until I figure out what to do. My fear is come the day before my report date and still not have a means of actually traveling to the site. Anyway thanks again, if there are any more thoughts/suggestions, I'd appreciate it. I will update this as soon as i figure something out and maybe it'll help the next person this happens to.

I said I'd update my situation in case it may be of help to anyone else later on. Everything came through today (T minus 6 Days till report date). HRC somehow sensed my urgency and emailed a copy of final orders to me which was awesome. I was then able to make travel and lodging arrangements, fax a few copies of orders here and there, so everything is set.
Few things I've learned:

-Travel arrangements (ie. reservation) can be made even if you have not received amended orders, however they cannot ticket you until they have received the orders
-Its possible for HRC to email you orders

I guess I haven't learned that much, nonetheless I'm glad things worked out.