Anybody get in with an old MCAT??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TPBC

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Mine was taken in 2002. Would any school accept it or do I need to re-take the darn thing??

Members don't see this ad.

Mine was taken in 2002. Would any school accept it or do I need to re-take the darn thing??

I think that darn thing needs to be retaken :(

I think most schools will only accept scores for 3 years after the test.

Ouch. As if it wasn't painful enough taking it once. Good luck!:luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
Yea, pretty positive it's only 3 years. Sorry. :( :luck:

Yea, pretty positive it's only 3 years. Sorry. :( :luck:

This doesn't mean you can't call schools and do some asking. I would, especially if it were between calling re-taking the MCAT.

Take it again and rock it and apply early in this cycle!
YOU CAN DO EET!

Call every school and ask. I got in last year w/an August 2002 MCAT. I didn't check w/every school b/c I had missed many deadlines.

I believe my MCAT date *just* met the requirements of the 3 schools to which I applied.

If your score wasn't so great, you should probably retake the test. The exam gets harder each year (or that was the case around the time I took it, and I would guess this remains true), and an admissions committee might take that into account if you have a low score.

If you do retake the test, studying for it will get you back into the study swing and help you to review some fundamental bio & physical science principles that you will be happy to solidly understand once you get to med school.

Good luck!
OMMFan