Anybody had a permanent change of address?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lady in red

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Some schools are dead-set on giving a new address through AMCAS only. I am wondering, since now most applications are verified, do schools ever download the AMCAS stuff and how many months does it take to update your info? I just want to make sure I get all my New Year rejections at the new place for a nice house-warming 'surprise'! :D :D

Members don't see this ad.

I did my address change through AMCAS in August and even though they assured me when I called them that they did transmit my new contact info to all the schools, I haven't gotten ANY mail from ANY schools at my new address! Most of the schools I talked to want you to change your info through AMCAS (and since that didn't work for me), through directly writing them a letter of your new contact info. Hope this helps! :D

I changed my temp address (not perm) through AMCAS, and it seemed to go pretty smoothly. Although I have not received mail, they show my correct address when I check my status on line at the school's site.The AACOMAS was the slow one. I ended up calling the schools after a month and no change... who were very friendly and took care of it over the phone (DO schools only). Good luck, and I'd stay on it if I were you!

Members don't see this ad :)
I know it's probably obvious but just don't forget to fill out a change of address card at your local post office. That way if amcas screws up -and I can't imagime that they ever would :D - then you'll still be covered. I think they forward your mail for up to six months if I remember correctly.

I would change it with AMCAS but also follow up with the school. Also, if you have applied before and your address has changed, make sure to follow up with the school. I found out that a school that I applied to last year was using an address that was over a year old even though it was updated on this year's AMCAS.

Cheers.