Anybody have luck being complete mid February?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BillsMafia28

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I submitted my primary application Feb 1st to some DO schools with deadlines ranging from March 1st to April 1st. I am curious if anybody has been successful applying this late in the game. Schools include LECOM, Rocky Vista, and VCOM.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Interested in this as well!

So, what do you call this? Cant possible be a late application, can it?

Members don't see this ad :)
So, what do you call this? Cant possible be a late application, can it?
No the application is still eligible since it is not past the deadlines (unless it takes more than 4 weeks to verify). So I said "late" because i submitted much later than most do.

No the application is still eligible since it is not past the deadlines (unless it takes more than 4 weeks to verify). So I said "late" because i submitted much later than most do.
oh thought it was for the new cycle (hence the failed attempt at sarcasm "cant possible be late right")... Oh yeah pretty late.. gl though

Don't think you'll have luck and now you'll be a reapplicant if you apply to those schools again. Submitting a primary feb 1 is kinda crazy and it will come off to DO schools that they are your second choice. You didn't get into your MD schools so you applied super late. If this isn't what you did, it is how it will be perceived

Reactions: 1 users
I applied to RVU late (Early January) after we found out about the no grade replacement thing and I found out I wasn't being interviewed like 2 weeks after. So definitely don't apply there.

Don't think you'll have luck and now you'll be a reapplicant if you apply to those schools again. Submitting a primary feb 1 is kinda crazy and it will come off to DO schools that they are your second choice. You didn't get into your MD schools so you applied super late. If this isn't what you did, it is how it will be perceived

Yea I know but I called some of those schools and they told me that they select students for interviews through April. So I figured I would give it a shot. If I don't have any luck this cycle then I guess it was a waste of money. However, I don't think being a reapplicant this June would put me at a disadvantage, as long as I strengthen my app.

What about submitting a secondary application to schools, even if you first received the secondary a few months ago?

I can't recommend this strategy. By the time you get your secondaries in, and the time you interview, schools will be rationing seats. We get picky at the end of the cycle. Even more so if a school has a linked SMP.

I submitted my primary application Feb 1st to some DO schools with deadlines ranging from March 1st to April 1st. I am curious if anybody has been successful applying this late in the game. Schools include LECOM, Rocky Vista, and VCOM.

Reactions: 1 users
I can't recommend this strategy. By the time you get your secondaries in, and the time you interview, schools will be rationing seats. We get picky at the end of the cycle. Even more so if a school has a linked SMP.
Thanks for the input. I know it's not the best strategy. I was really confident about getting into md and haven't had any II yet so last minute DO app. Looks like I'll be reapplying first thing in June but prob only to DO. I will let u guys know if I end up getting any interviews.

Depending on your stats maybe you can dual apply MD/DO just hit a wider variety of schools

Last year when I first applied to DO schools, I was complete in December, and did not receive any IIs. I received secondaries for all the schools I applied to, however. I later contacted the schools I applied to in May, and they all told me I had a strong application, but applied too late in the game. I think it strongly depends on the school, number of applicants, etc.

I interviewed at WesternU recently, and a student there told me he applied around January, had an interview in April and got accepted. So there is still hope.

You had better have numbers that really pop off the page

Idk I think my numbers a little above average for DO schools. 507 and 3.91 cgpa and 3.93 sgpa. Avg volunteering and ECs

Idk I think my numbers a little above average for DO schools. 507 and 3.91 cgpa and 3.93 sgpa. Avg volunteering and ECs
That's competitive but not enough for a late app. But you still can do it at OP.