You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Anybody have luck being complete mid February?
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Interested in this as well!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No the application is still eligible since it is not past the deadlines (unless it takes more than 4 weeks to verify). So I said "late" because i submitted much later than most do.So, what do you call this? Cant possible be a late application, can it?
oh thought it was for the new cycle (hence the failed attempt at sarcasm "cant possible be late right")... Oh yeah pretty late.. gl thoughNo the application is still eligible since it is not past the deadlines (unless it takes more than 4 weeks to verify). So I said "late" because i submitted much later than most do.
D
deleted610572
Don't think you'll have luck and now you'll be a reapplicant if you apply to those schools again. Submitting a primary feb 1 is kinda crazy and it will come off to DO schools that they are your second choice. You didn't get into your MD schools so you applied super late. If this isn't what you did, it is how it will be perceived
Don't think you'll have luck and now you'll be a reapplicant if you apply to those schools again. Submitting a primary feb 1 is kinda crazy and it will come off to DO schools that they are your second choice. You didn't get into your MD schools so you applied super late. If this isn't what you did, it is how it will be perceived
Yea I know but I called some of those schools and they told me that they select students for interviews through April. So I figured I would give it a shot. If I don't have any luck this cycle then I guess it was a waste of money. However, I don't think being a reapplicant this June would put me at a disadvantage, as long as I strengthen my app.
What about submitting a secondary application to schools, even if you first received the secondary a few months ago?
Probably a waste of money.What about submitting a secondary application to schools, even if you first received the secondary a few months ago?
Thanks. Sometimes you just need to hear it from someone else to confirm what you already think 🙂Probably a waste of money.
I can't recommend this strategy. By the time you get your secondaries in, and the time you interview, schools will be rationing seats. We get picky at the end of the cycle. Even more so if a school has a linked SMP.
I submitted my primary application Feb 1st to some DO schools with deadlines ranging from March 1st to April 1st. I am curious if anybody has been successful applying this late in the game. Schools include LECOM, Rocky Vista, and VCOM.
Thanks for the input. I know it's not the best strategy. I was really confident about getting into md and haven't had any II yet so last minute DO app. Looks like I'll be reapplying first thing in June but prob only to DO. I will let u guys know if I end up getting any interviews.I can't recommend this strategy. By the time you get your secondaries in, and the time you interview, schools will be rationing seats. We get picky at the end of the cycle. Even more so if a school has a linked SMP.
D
deleted610572
Depending on your stats maybe you can dual apply MD/DO just hit a wider variety of schools
L
luckyely91
Last year when I first applied to DO schools, I was complete in December, and did not receive any IIs. I received secondaries for all the schools I applied to, however. I later contacted the schools I applied to in May, and they all told me I had a strong application, but applied too late in the game. I think it strongly depends on the school, number of applicants, etc.
I interviewed at WesternU recently, and a student there told me he applied around January, had an interview in April and got accepted. So there is still hope.
I interviewed at WesternU recently, and a student there told me he applied around January, had an interview in April and got accepted. So there is still hope.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
A
AnatomyGrey12
You had better have numbers that really pop off the page
Idk I think my numbers a little above average for DO schools. 507 and 3.91 cgpa and 3.93 sgpa. Avg volunteering and ECs
That's competitive but not enough for a late app. But you still can do it at OP.Idk I think my numbers a little above average for DO schools. 507 and 3.91 cgpa and 3.93 sgpa. Avg volunteering and ECs
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 866
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 696
- Replies
- 3
- Views
- 2K