Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Anybody having a hard time studying?

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by ndearwater, Nov 20, 2005.

1. ndearwater

ndearwater SDN Donor
    5+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    So it's Sunday, I have a Microbiology test tomorrow and I can NOT concentrate. I had to get up at 3:45am to take my boyfriend to the airport so I've been sort of thrown off all day, kind of sleepy and not wanting to do anything. Maybe it's the weather.
    But ever since I got accepted I really have a hard time giving it 100% academically... I should study!

2. wheelsonfire

wheelsonfire Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Other Health Professions Student
    Don't get sucked into the SDN vaccum......you'll never get out :laugh:

3. ndearwater

ndearwater SDN Donor
    5+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    Yeah I think I need an SDN/methadone clinic!
    :laugh:

4. wheelsonfire

wheelsonfire Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Other Health Professions Student
    :laugh: Congratulations on getting in. Give yourself a little break and relax. I'm sure you'll do fine on your test especially if you're not burned out. :)

5. Glycerin

Glycerin Commercially Unavailable
    Pharmacist Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    Um, I have a quiz and a final tomorrow, and another test of Tuesday, plus a resume to turn in my noon on Tuesday and I'm still on here. :laugh: I get through one powerpoint slide about every 20 minutes. :(

6. Stephie

Stephie Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I'm having the same problem right now! I have an Organic I test tomorrow and a Micro test Tuesday and I just can't seem to study effectively! I can't stop thinking about Thanksgiving break.

Good luck with your test!

Stephie

7. SuperTech

SuperTech Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy

I'm with you on this. I have a paper to write and I've been sitting here for hours and all I've done is the intro... SDN is so addicting.

8. SpOrTsChIc

SpOrTsChIc Member
    7+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Yeah, definately having a hard time studying, haha. I have 2 tests tomorrow..I studied for one yesterday, and I just started studying for the other one, but I really am having a hard time concentrating so I guess it's gonna be a long night. I am soooo ready for this semester to be over and for Christmas break to be here.

9. bananaface

bananaface Pharmacy Supernerd
    Pharmacist Moderator Emeritus Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    I have a therepeutics exam tomorrow. My brain is so close to full. :laugh:

10. dgroulx

dgroulx Night Pharmacist
    10+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    I don't have another exam until December 6th, so I'm cruising right now. It's a Genomics exam, so I ought to study early for it. Lots of stuff to remember, gene sequences, etc. But, I'll wait until the day before. What the hell.

I just finished my Biotransformation paper. My Outcomes case came on-line at 6pm, but it's not due until tomorrow night. It can wait.

11. ultracet

ultracet 1K Member
    10+ Year Member

i have a 2 day exam at the end of this month....

it shouldn't be too hard hopefully

they say if you pay attention and actually work then we won't have a problem.....

we have to make a 70 on the final inorder to pass the rotation....
    it doesn't matter how well you've done all month..

yipee!

oh and i'm in the DIC this month (my lovely school requires this rotation)

12. jemc2000

jemc2000 SDN Angel
    7+ Year Member

sigh. I have a 5 page pharmacology paper due first thing Tuesday morning (worth 25% of my grade). I go to work tomorrow at 2 pm until bedtime. I have written the title of my paper and bookmarked some websites. :oops:

13. dawgg912

dawgg912 jbhnguyen
    7+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    wowsers, look at all of you guys, I havent been in school for like a year and I hope Ill remember how to study once I go to pharmacy school. All I do is work full time now and when I get home its like, relax, relax, relax. I can't wait to go back to school and not have to work!

14. Brock1385

Brock1385 Keepin my fingers crossed
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
  15. Pharmwannab

Pharmwannab Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    Pretty burned myself and two and a half weeks to go in the quarter. Taking o. chem, biochemistry, physics and animal biology and its all killing me. I have not had a single day since mid September where I could just do nothing. Must push myself these last two weeks, then comes 3 weeks of winter break :D Then it's right back to more of the same starting after the first. I better get into pharm. school somewhere for all this, heh.

16. freshbeatschris

freshbeatschris New Phuture
    5+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    During the semester, I never feel like I get a day to do nothing. There is always something you could, or should be doing with regards to school. When the semester ends, I always feel like I didn't do enough. It's exhausting.

Oh, Happy Thanksgiving, by the way!

Chris

17. crossjb

crossjb Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

18. usi

usi
    5+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    I am taking it in the spring, and I know where you live!

19. dgroulx

dgroulx Night Pharmacist
    10+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    I took A & P at SPC Clearwater. I thought it was a piece of cake, easy A class, at least at that campus. Though, half of the students dropped because they were failing. I don't think those students had taken any science classes, yet. It should be an easy A for you.

20. crossjb

crossjb Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

21. b*rizzle

b*rizzle Master of Useless Info
    5+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    I'm losing motivation fast.

But my friends that applied last year said that those who interviewed on 11/18 should hear something back this week or shortly after! (They all heard back about 2 weeks after their interview dates)

22. Shovingit

Shovingit well, well, well
    7+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    After I was accepted my motivation went to the lowest possibe level. I'm gonna pay for it very soon i think.

23. WVUPharm2007

WVUPharm2007 imagine sisyphus happy
    Pharmacist 15+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    I'm actually going into negative motivation at this point. I'm begining to sabotage my own GPA for fun.

24. Baxter81

Baxter81 Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student

I am in the same boat, and working full time also. So I feel ya Bro. I get off work, go to the gym, and watch TV. And that is my daily routine. I had excellent study habits during my undergrad., but I have been out of school since my graduation this past may. I'm sure once we get back in school we will get into the swing of things!

25. ultracet

ultracet 1K Member
    10+ Year Member

I have a final over the next 2 days (woo hoo for 2 day tests)

i may study for the second half of it
    but not for tomorrow!

26. Pharmwannab

Pharmwannab Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    Regularly scheduled classes are over in 2 days and then finals week. Biochem 8 am monday morning, then o chem at noon. Animal bio at noon on wed then physics that night at 7 pm. Ugh.... 6... more... days...

27. Smilescali

Smilescali Almost there...
    7+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    Bump!

I can't seem to concentrate in my calculus class at all. All I can think about is moving and getting on with my life in pharmacy school. This last semester is dragging especially in my calculus class. I actually look forward to the days I have my O-chem 2 class.....anything but boring calculus!! :sleep: Ahhhh!

28. Kris10h

Kris10h Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    I understand! I have an Orgo II test tomorrow, and I don't want to study! I don't really see the point of studying. Our test are completely cumulative, all essay and 6-7 pages long. Whats the point? I can't remember all the rxns from the last 20 chapters! :eek:

29. thaliagoo

thaliagoo Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    already there :thumbdown:

30. utpharmdude

utpharmdude Member
    5+ Year Member

I'm having a hard time studying :oops: and I keep falling asleep in class :sleep:

31. ICA

ICA Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    You still go to class? ...I've missed about a week. BAD me! :oops:

32. HAHA

HAHA Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    Do u guy know what i am feeling?
    i still waiting for the schools and did not hear anything, i think my chances are so small and i am taking the prerequisites! It is really killing me! :p

33. crossjb

crossjb Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Getting accepted is the worst thing that can happen to one's academic motivation.

I'm working full time right now and sleepwalking through my morning cell bio class... :D

34. Anna1224

Anna1224 Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student

I have to agree with you. Ever since I got into USN, all of my free time has been taken up by celebrating my acceptance!!
    At least I only have to get a C...

35. twester

twester Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    If I don't pull myself together, I'm going to flunk out. Not really, I managed to get in some quality study time today ( I love genetics). But I'm so focused on my mailbox that I can't think straight. I feel like I want to shriek and thrash about on the ground in a public place - I wonder if this is what Tourette's feels like? I kinda wonder if I'd feel better if I just went ahead and did it. :laugh:

Anyway, it'll end soon. Hopefully then I can just jump back on track whatever the answer is.

36. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Member
    2+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    Yea I'm the same way with everyone here. I haven't studied since I found out. Although things are looking good for me in my Microbiology class and others, my Molecular biology is horrible (a current C) but I can't motivate myself to study. I went shopping, played games, and watched movies instead. :eek:

37. pinkpnther86

pinkpnther86 Member
    5+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    I just found out I got in to UIC :D and I have a HUGE Orgo II test in a coupla days, but i simply cant concentrate!!!! Kinda wish they had informed me after Wednesday when my test would be over.....but then again I really really dont :D :D

38. erinlindsey

erinlindsey Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    I found out I got into UW the night before a stats test. I found studying with champagne really helps!

39. DownonthePharm

DownonthePharm Chillin' n Fillin'
    10+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    Yes. Ever since I got that wonderful acceptance letter this little voice in my brain keeps going..."you only neeeeeed a C."

40. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Member
    2+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student

hhahahahha yea I feel ya. Although I'm starting to worry if I don't get my act together I'd be lucky to pull a C :scared:

41. alvarce85

alvarce85 Member
    5+ Year Member

Im just tired of studying :sleep: ...but I'll just have to wake myself up....I have a late interview april 19 wish me :luck: ;)

42. patmcd

patmcd Senior Member
    Pharmacist 7+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    Same thing goes through my head everyday. That combined with the nice weather in colorado of late has produced very little studying :p

43. bdyoon

bdyoon Member
    10+ Year Member

I got in to pacific university of oregon and now I am so stressed because I don't think I can pass my org. Chem. II.
    I just don't understand anything in that class, and knowing that if I don't pass this, i won't make it to pharm school that I got accepted to.... :eek:
    scary!

44. crossjb

crossjb Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Anyone here taking a class they don't even need? I signed up for cell biology this term to stay in touch w/my pre-med friends at school. Unfortunately, it's a mind-numbingly, excruciating 8 AM class. What a dumb ass I am... :D

45. Shovingit

Shovingit well, well, well
    7+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    Yeah, I signed up for vertebrate physiology because I had a bunch of friends in the class. It's a total pain in the ass, very hard, and very unnecessary. I'm so unmotivated. Oh well, I'm sure I'll do ok.

46. pinkpnther86

pinkpnther86 Member
    5+ Year Member

Pharmacist

aahhhh im in the same boat!....im **** scared that I wont pass Orgo II and I cant even re-take it over the summer because UIC wont allow that :0(....and I'm really haveing such a HARD time...my future literally depends on this ONE class...i cant wait until its over!!! :scared:

47. Robinbird

Robinbird Member
    5+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    Technically, I don't need any of the classes I'm in. I'm taking Anatomy and Physiology, A&P lab, Abnormal Psychology, calculus I (I already took calc A and made an A in it), and snowboarding (took the class in Jan). None of these classes are required by the schools I applied to, although I did think that the 4 hr calc class was required at one.

I'm having an extremely hard time studying. All I want to do during class is make plans for the summer, plan moving, and think about next year. Now that its warm and pretty outside I'd rather go to the park after school than study. All the busy work and papers in my psych class are killing me. I only have to make Cs in my classes, but I haven't made a C in college yet, and I really don't want to start now. I'd actually like to make straight A's, but if I get a B or two hopefully I won't be too bummed out. I have to keep telling myself that it doesn't really matter.

48. twester

twester Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    Same boat here. I have an o-chem II exam tomorrow. Am I ready? Is it even possible to be ready given the massive amount of material? No and no. The only thing that's going to save me is that I have a B in the class so far and one exam gets dropped (and I think the next exam is a take-home). All I need is a C..

Now back to it, I guess.

49. luckyPharmD.stu

5+ Year Member

Biology exam tomorrow and other exams w/ research essays due this week. What have I done this weekend? Slept from 5:00 p.m. on Saturday to 5:00 a.m. today and I'm still not studying...disgraceful...how am I pulling this off...?

50. PharmArt

PharmArt Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    being the perfectionist i feel guilty for dropping 2 classes (A&P I and physics i lab) that I didn't need for the school i am attending...why?..because i had A+s and prob the highest grade in the AP I class...could have stuck it out for another 5 weeks...but why when i have such a fun distraction as my 11 mo old! talk about lost of motivation. but hey, the extra time to snooze and recover from the past 3 yrs will help me pick up the momentum again come August in pharm school (finally)!
    hang in there everyone and CONGRATS!