Anybody hear from Emory... Supposed to let us know at the beginning of the months

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CyberTammy

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
deleted

Members don't see this ad.

CyberTammy said:
??? Anyone?
I interviewed on Oct. 1st and I haven't heard anything yet. If they send them out on Nov. 1st, then we might see more action tomorrow.

Creatine said:
I interviewed on Oct. 1st and I haven't heard anything yet. If they send them out on Nov. 1st, then we might see more action tomorrow.

Agreed--I also interviewed Oct 1, live in Atlanta, and nothing yet....hoping for some kind of USPS action at least by the end of the week :)

Members don't see this ad :)
So has anyone heard anything from Emory, I would think if they sent acceptances Nov1 someone should have heard by now.

Who knows, maybe they didn't send them out til a few days late

The letter arrived this afternoon (so my parents report....otherwise that is one mean trick to play on me)! :) I have my medical application mail sent home, which is about 1.5 hours from Atlanta. No postmark, so it might have just been slow in travelling or they might have mailed on Nov 3 or something.

Now to figure out a tactful way to call another school in the next 30 mins and withdraw my application/interview. dohhh

bidster said:
The letter arrived this afternoon (so my parents report....otherwise that is one mean trick to play on me)! :) I have my medical application mail sent home, which is about 1.5 hours from Atlanta. No postmark, so it might have just been slow in travelling or they might have mailed on Nov 3 or something.

Now to figure out a tactful way to call another school in the next 30 mins and withdraw my application/interview. dohhh

Congrats on your acceptance!

I was called by the good folks at Emory in late Oct., but I haven't seen snailmail yet. They sent me an email too, but I haven't gotten the confirmation yet by postman.

dc

bigdan said:
I was called by the good folks at Emory in late Oct., but I haven't seen snailmail yet. They sent me an email too, but I haven't gotten the confirmation yet by postman.

dc

Congrats to those of you accepted. I know it's still early, but if you have questions about Emory (or concerns!), feel free to PM me! I am a current M1.

Does anyone else find it annoying that emory doesn't send out admits (or waitlists or rejects) on a rolling basis, that they only send out admits once a month?

Ugh. :thumbdown:

TaalMasti said:
Does anyone else find it annoying that emory doesn't send out admits (or waitlists or rejects) on a rolling basis, that they only send out admits once a month?

Ugh. :thumbdown:

Think about it this way, you basically know when Emory will get back to you. You don't have to have your heart stop every time you go to the mailbox. You more or less know that a letter from the med school will come within a week or so of when the mailing date was. Less stress is how I see it.

Y'all probably have this, but here are the dates that Emory will be sending out Acceptances:
(11/1)
11/22
12/20
1/31
2/21
3/7
3/14-3/18 Alternate List Letters sent
3/21-25:Rejections

Members don't see this ad :)
how good is emory? i can't decide if i want to fork out the cash to go interview there. how happy and competitive are the students?

CalicoKat said:
Y'all probably have this, but here are the dates that Emory will be sending out Acceptances:
(11/1)
11/22
12/20
1/31
2/21
3/7
3/14-3/18 Alternate List Letters sent
3/21-25:Rejections

oh poop. my interview is 11/22. does that mean my letter will be sent on 12/20? I don't want to wait... :scared:

futuremsfdoc said:
how good is emory? i can't decide if i want to fork out the cash to go interview there. how happy and competitive are the students?

Emory is the best med school! I am little biased since I attend Emory hehe. But seriously, Emory is a great school with great reputation and great students. If you have the time you should definitely come and interview. Emory does a very good job showing what Emory is all about. Few good things about Emory are Grady Hospital, location, great clinical teaching, great staff and profs.

I didn't get anything and I interviewed at the start of October. Does that basically mean I won't hear anything til March/April? All schools always say they are rolling and you can be accepted at any time after your interview, but is there really much of a chance that I'll recieve an acceptance sometime between now and March?

I have a question. I interviewed on Oct. 11, and was wondering if I was too late receive any notification on Nov. 1. I am waiting to see till Nov. 22, but I feel that since it was my first interview I didn't perform too well anyways. So I feel that I have missed my chance to get in early, and also am wondering the same thing Ambrosia is. Well, enough of my stupid rambling and good luck to you all!

ambrosia said:
I didn't get anything and I interviewed at the start of October. Does that basically mean I won't hear anything til March/April? All schools always say they are rolling and you can be accepted at any time after your interview, but is there really much of a chance that I'll recieve an acceptance sometime between now and March?

I interviewed at the start of October as well. Looks like Emory doesn't like us =( Ahh well...

When I interviewed at Emory (early October), they made it pretty clear that they would be conservative in their initial invitations, because they only just started the interview process on October 1st and didn't want to fill the class too quickly. So I wouldn't start to worry just yet if you interviewed in October.

Emory's adcom met on 11/22 ... anybody hear anything from this round of acceptances yet?

warrenb733 said:
Emory's adcom met on 11/22 ... anybody hear anything from this round of acceptances yet?

Warren, you seem to already have a good list of acceptances (according to your signature). Congrats! Where do you think you would go and why? Did you like Emory better than say Vandy or UVA?

Just a line of encouragement (hopefully)...

It was my understanding that you would have the chance of hearing back from Emory at some point after each of the Admissions Meeting cycles...so if interviewed in Oct and you didn't hear from them in Early Nov, you can still hear back in Dec, and then Jan, etc.

Hang in there!

Good luck.

dc

just to reiterate what bigdan said. emory said they send out batches of acceptances and rejections (i think) on the dates somebody posted earlier. if you don't hear anything from one batch, it means you got put back in the pool to be considered for the next batch. so no news means you're still being considered.

i can now officially say that waiting for acceptances/rejections is the worst part of this whole process

1 rejection, 3 interivews and waiting.... at least 2 have rolling admissions

rejection letters will be mailed out march 21st-25th according to the information they handed out at emory. alternate list letters on the other hand will be mailed march 14th-18th. good luck to everybody.

Yeah I'm def curious to see whether anyone has heard back from Emory in this round yet. I interviewed 11/1/04 and was told there was a "chance" I could hear around this date (11/22). Given that I just broke my leg I could use some good news via U.S. Mail !!!

TaalMasti said:
Warren, you seem to already have a good list of acceptances (according to your signature). Congrats! Where do you think you would go and why? Did you like Emory better than say Vandy or UVA?

I went into this whole thing thinking that Wake or Vanderbilt were my top choices, but after all the interviews and tours, really was attracted to the amazing hospital system that Emory med students have available, structure of learning there, etc. Oddly enough, I've gotten accepted to both Wake and Vanderbilt and am waiting on my now top choice, Emory...

I got my letter from Emory last night! Hooray! What a great Thanksgiving gift!

im curious to know if anybody besides olddoc1 has received an acceptance letter from emory post 11/22. thanks!

I also got a letter this past week. My parents got it the friday after thanksgiving!