Anybody here ever did MMI interview Format???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EMDO2018

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have an MMI interview in a couple days at my state MD school and I feel like I will bomb it, especially the "communication" part where they hire actors to be patients with some extreme problem and you have to communicate with the actor/patient right there in front of the interviewers. Why did I have to get stuck with MMI, fml.

Members don't see this ad.

Yes...had the MMI. Some stations go better than others, some go worse. The quicker you learn to shed any negative feeling you may be having from a station, the more successful you will be on subsequent stations. I had 2 stations where I had to act out a part in a scenario. While I didn't feel so great about one of them, the other was my favorite station of the day! Get into it and don't try to second-guess the system - you will probably be wrong.

Yeah, it must be rough having an opportunity to get into medical school. Definitely fml-worthy.

It won't be as bad as you think it will.... everyone gets nervous before interviews. Just relax and don't psych yourself out.

Members don't see this ad :)
I've done a couple mock interviews at my school's career center. They instructed me to introduce yourself with your full name upon entering each station, clarify your understanding of the task/question if necessary, and organize your response into some sort of beginning/middle/end if applicable.

Did the MMI and got accepted to that school, didn't feel like I did an amazing job but just make sure that whatever stance you take on an issue, give good reasoning behind it and be accepting of the opposite side of the issue.....they will ask supplemental questions to delve further into a topic but don't get scared, just continue to justify your stance.....they ask extreme ethical dilemmas knowing that there is no right answer, but you have to show the ability to take a stance on something and communicate your beliefs without being extreme