Anybody interview/accepted with 17AA???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

renniw

Reaction score
Just looking for myself because I messed up on my DAT and its too late to retake it right now. Long shot but I'm preparing for next year. But wondering this year....anybody?

Members don't see this ad.

I only know one person with a 17 who got it in!

I got 17 in both

TUFTS 2023

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
NON TRAD

Reactions: 1 user
I heard a few who applied early and got in with a 17aa but they had good rc and pat scores + 3.4 or greater overall and science gpas. It’s generally uncommon for applicants with low dat scores to receive post December interviews. Also ethnicity and in-state plays a huge factor in the admission process. Idk any majorities getting accepted with a 17aa. Maybe there may be a few but its really a low percentage. I only heard from few hispanics and African-Americans (urms) getting accepted with 17AAs+. So if you’re a urm or an in-state applicant with great EC, lors, and ps, 17aa is possible!

Reactions: 3 users
If you are going to apply next cycle, it's not wise to relay on the fact that some people got accepted with 17 AA or 17 TS. They might have high GPA, or amazing extracurricular acitivities or tons of research or volunteering hours and shadowing or they have a unique personal statement or they are urm or they might applied as disadvantaged students.

You should start preparing for a retake, so at least you can bring your DAT 1 or 2 scores up.
There is no harm in retaking, there is also no guarntee you will get anywhere even with higher GPA or DAT.

You can try your luck and apply next cycle but you'll lose a lot of money if schools didn't give you any chance.

Better safe than sorry.

I was barely accepted with 27AA

Reactions: 8 users
6 out of 153 people were accepted to Texas schools with a 17 AA last year. That’s. 3.9% chance which is a tenth of the normal chance for applicants. Do yourself a favor and retake it so you don’t end up in the 96.1% of rejected 17AA category.

Reactions: 1 users
6 out of 153 people were accepted to Texas schools with a 17 AA last year. That’s. 3.9% chance which is a tenth of the normal chance for applicants. Do yourself a favor and retake it so you don’t end up in the 96.1% of rejected 17AA category.
Not to mention those 6/153 are most likely all TX residents! It'd be a Russian roulette to play if you were OOS with 17 AA for Texas schools.

Accepted with an 18AA, 19TS to three schools with 3.6 overall, applied in august, oos for all

Reactions: 1 users
I was barely accepted with 27AA

I feel you. I got a 24 AA and have only had interviews at this point. I guess I have several weak components of my application! At least I know how I can approve barring no acceptances this cycle.

I feel you. I got a 24 AA and have only had interviews at this point. I guess I have several weak components of my application! At least I know how I can approve barring no acceptances this cycle.
Acceptances are coming your way. I recently got into my top choice and will be dropping my other seat soon. I'm sure there are easily hundreds of people holding multiple seats right now.

Acceptances are coming your way. I recently got into my top choice and will be dropping my other seat soon. I'm sure there are easily hundreds of people holding multiple seats right now.

Fingers crossed, pray for me if that's your thing. xD