Anybody practice in Michigan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GoRx

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am going to graduate next year and searching jobs right now. I want to work in hospitals in Michigan, metro Detroit area. Does anyone know what is the base salary in this area? I checked salary.com, but it seems the way too high than reality. Plus, any comments on the influence of Michigan's economic recession on pharmacist?

any input is welcomed

Members don't see this ad.

I can't speak for Detroit specifically, but everywhere else in the rust belt is a great place to practice because you'll always have a job. But look at it logically - what the hell does a recession mean to Detroit, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, etc? They've been in a recession for the last two decades....now it's just that everyone else is in misery, too.

I am going to graduate next year and searching jobs right now. I want to work in hospitals in Michigan, metro Detroit area. Does anyone know what is the base salary in this area? I checked salary.com, but it seems the way too high than reality. Plus, any comments on the influence of Michigan's economic recession on pharmacist?

any input is welcomed

For the most part, the starting hourly rate for hospitals (staff pharmacist job) in the metro Detroit area is about 40 to 45 an hour for new grads.