anybody receive a letter from the dean at dartmouth?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jsmooth

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
My friend said he got a letter from the Dean at dartmouth asking her to visit. Both of us have visited already but I haven't received anything like that.... does anybody know what this means?? is it some sort of a likely letter like college all over again or do most interview invites at dartmouth get them?

Members don't see this ad.

My friend said he got a letter from the Dean at dartmouth asking her to visit. Both of us have visited already but I haven't received anything like that.... does anybody know what this means?? is it some sort of a likely letter like college all over again or do most interview invites at dartmouth get them?

It's kinda hard to figure out what you're asking. Did you both interview there already?

And you referred to your friend as "he" and "her" in the same sentence; that's odd.

Yes, I got one. It said "Thanks so much for not applying!" and was stained with tears of laughter.

Members don't see this ad :)
Unless it came with the initial package from Dartmouth (that I haven't looked at yet), then no, I did not get an invitation from the Dean to visit. Not that I could afford to just "drop by" to check things out anyways.

i got it too but i received it late - after i interviewed. i think it was just a more personalized interview invite. the letter from him was dated 9/6 but i didn't get it until like a week ago (like september 21 or something) so it seems they were either lost in the mail or sent out late. i bet you'll get it soon!

I got one and I am an average applicant. I think everybody gets it.

i didn't get one, but i did get an interview invite

i got one after scheduling my interview. im not sure if its just to really convince you to go to dartmouth if accepted or what...

Same here... invite but no letter from the dean.

You're a stellar applicant. I'ld be interested in knowing whether you recieve one. The letter from the Dean came two weeks after the interview invite. Keep us updated.