You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Anybody recently leave CVS know the Cobra rates?
Started by WVUPharm2007
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Don't quote me, but it was like $600 or $700 a month to continue coverage with my plan, which was a high deductible health savings plan. I opted not to go with COBRA. I bought my own insurance instead for $180 a month.
Don't quote me, but it was like $600 or $700 a month to continue coverage with my plan, which was a high deductible health savings plan. I opted not to go with COBRA. I bought my own insurance instead for $180 a month.
Yeah, that's all CVS offers. That **** Aetna high deductible crap. I didn't figure it cost them much. Though that's still complete **** for what it gives you. Me + Spouse is probably > $1000. Obamacare ere I come.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted205891
Oh no 🙁 you got laid off? Sorry to hear that. I guess Philly job market is getting even worse 🙁
They gave me my severance packet 5 days before the final day. I work tonight and its my last night. My health insurance literally cuts off a 11:59PM. I have to wait 2 weeks to fill out a form and another 2 weeks for them to process my 3 free weeks of healthcare coverage they offer me.
I'm going to be fine, already have job offer with another interview coming up soon. This is just an annoyance.
I'm going to be fine, already have job offer with another interview coming up soon. This is just an annoyance.
Congrats. Just wondering, did cvs offer you a day time position at all?
Is there a big wave of layoffs going on right now? What's the story?
CVS is converting many 24 hour pharmacies to 7-12 or regular hours, so the overnights are getting the boot.
We layoffees would like to know. They aren't sending out the COBRA letters until 2 weeks after we are terminated. You have to sign up for Obamacare by December 15th for January coverage, so its putting me in a difficult spot as to which to choose.
Could you not just sign up for obamacare just to ensure yourself that you have coverage...then if you were to get rehired or find another job...cancel the policy later. This would ensure there's no gap in your health coverage for the worst scenario. I have not navigated healthcare.gov so am not aware if there is any restriction in signing up for coverage and cancelling a few months later.
Well, I have my deductible met for the CVS plan. If it was $700 or less, it might make sense to just keep the CVS plan. Now that I know it probably isn't, that's exactly what I'll do.Could you not just sign up for obamacare just to ensure yourself that you have coverage...then if you were to get rehired or find another job...cancel the policy later. This would ensure there's no gap in your health coverage for the worst scenario. I have not navigated healthcare.gov so am not aware if there is any restriction in signing up for coverage and cancelling a few months later.
Congrats. Just wondering, did cvs offer you a day time position at all?
Long and short of it is that we have to wait for hours to come open and they will hire us back. No guarantees as to when that will be.
You don't necessarily have to go through the exchange. I contacted the agent who handles my car insurance, and he referred me to another company that has better rates and coverage - and by all accounts, it's less expensive than anything I could get through said exchange.
WVU, does your wife's employer not offer insurance?
WVU, does your wife's employer not offer insurance?
Long and short of it is that we have to wait for hours to come open and they will hire us back. No guarantees as to when that will be.
pretty classless. The very least should be a part time gig.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
pretty classless. The very least should be a part time gig.
Its really unfortunate because I have a great boss that works for a **** company.
pretty classless. The very least should be a part time gig.
It is in the CVS playbook. Make them reapply for a position. CVS then offers to pay them less and makes them wait for benefits.