Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Anybody saving recommendations to add to file post-interview

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by basha, Sep 11, 2002.

1. basha

basha Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Hello everyone, as it turns out, I have way too many good recommendations and knowing that only 3 of them will be sent to med schools just irritates the crap out of me. I wanted to know if anybody has saved a few good recommendations so they can add them directly to their file either after an interview or when you're on the waitlist. What if you save some really crappy recommendations for afterwards?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. SMW

SMW Grand Member
    7+ Year Member

You can send more than the required 3 LOR's to most schools. Last year it seemed that most people sent 6-8 letters. I myself only sent 4. The only school I recall saying not to send more than 3 was Tulane.

4. Tweetie_bird

7+ Year Member

And even Tulane is okay with more than 3 recs as long as they all arrive together in one neat package from the letter forwarding service.

5. basha

basha Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Yea but thats because your ug pre-health committee doesnt limit the amt of recommendations sent out. That is why im thinking of sending some of those recomm. after my committee letter gets sent out, maybe when im on a waitlist or after an interview to ensure that i get atleast on the waitlist.

6. bruinkid

bruinkid Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

something like that probably will not make a difference. usually they look for changes in academic record and updates like that.

7. SMW

SMW Grand Member
    7+ Year Member

So your committee is limiting your LORs to 3? That is weird!

8. RealAdmDir

RealAdmDir Junior Member

If you can have the extra letters sent separately-- I would do so now and not wait. After your interview somebody is going to be evaluating the file, so why not put your best foot forward at the beginning (and not assume you'll be waitlisted!)?:p