Anybody saving recommendations to add to file post-interview

basha

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 19, 2001
Visit site
Status
Hello everyone, as it turns out, I have way too many good recommendations and knowing that only 3 of them will be sent to med schools just irritates the crap out of me. I wanted to know if anybody has saved a few good recommendations so they can add them directly to their file either after an interview or when you're on the waitlist. What if you save some really crappy recommendations for afterwards?

SMW

Grand Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 12, 2001
anchorage, ak
Visit site
Status
You can send more than the required 3 LOR's to most schools. Last year it seemed that most people sent 6-8 letters. I myself only sent 4. The only school I recall saying not to send more than 3 was Tulane.

Tweetie_bird

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 20, 2001
Visit site
Status
And even Tulane is okay with more than 3 recs as long as they all arrive together in one neat package from the letter forwarding service.

About the Ads
OP
B

basha

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 19, 2001
Visit site
Status
Yea but thats because your ug pre-health committee doesnt limit the amt of recommendations sent out. That is why im thinking of sending some of those recomm. after my committee letter gets sent out, maybe when im on a waitlist or after an interview to ensure that i get atleast on the waitlist.

bruinkid

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 31, 2002
Los Angeles, California
Status
something like that probably will not make a difference. usually they look for changes in academic record and updates like that.

RealAdmDir

15+ Year Member
Apr 30, 2002
Visit site
Status
If you can have the extra letters sent separately-- I would do so now and not wait. After your interview somebody is going to be evaluating the file, so why not put your best foot forward at the beginning (and not assume you'll be waitlisted!)?:p

About the Ads