anybody studying in suny buffalo

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

i beleive

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
just wanted to know if somebody has gotten addmission in the suny buffalo dental school.does part 1 scores are required to be very high and what else are they looking for/.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey Deepa,
I would like to join u too,whether anyone can help with the information and i have one doubt which adds to u is, whether anyone's green card does matter with the Suny admission.Thanx i will let u know if i get info to help u

Answers to both the queries are YES.
90+ NBDE I &
GC must.

Good luck

Members don't see this ad :)
rahmed said:
Answers to both the queries are YES.
90+ NBDE I &
GC must.

Good luck

Rahmad,

90+ is the required part 1 score for Buffalo? thanks

doc_mi said:
Rahmad,

90+ is the required part 1 score for Buffalo? thanks

thankz for the info rahmad.i wanted to know if they ever make an exception for the GC criteria.....r u doin' ur schooling from there or do u know somebody from there.......
thankz again

Hi doc_mi,

90+ is an unofficial criteria. SUNY Buffalo normally offers 2-3 seats. Even with GC/ citizenship must as an important criteria, they pick up very few candidates (dentaldoc can tell you the exact number) for interview. Hence Part I score becomes an important criteria as well.

Hi deepadhawan,

I do not know for sure whether they ever made "an exception for the GC criteria", but what I know is this - Someone I know applied for SUNY Buffalo for 2005 admission cycle while this person's GC processing was going. He/She was interviewed (Part I score 90) and received an offer for admission. At that point he/she was asked to show his/her GC. Unfortunately GC processing was not complete and he/she was denied admission. Fortunately this person got an offer from another school and currently an advanced standing student.

I hope the above information is helpful. Good luck.

thanks rahmed for ur info.i appreciate.
where r u doing ur schooling.what was yr stats....can i send u messeges on ur e mail.i am stranded and want to take few decisions can u please help me.thanks.
rahmed said:
Hi doc_mi,

90+ is an unofficial criteria. SUNY Buffalo normally offers 2-3 seats. Even with GC/ citizenship must as an important criteria, they pick up very few candidates (dentaldoc can tell you the exact number) for interview. Hence Part I score becomes an important criteria as well.

Hi deepadhawan,

I do not know for sure whether they ever made "an exception for the GC criteria", but what I know is this - Someone I know applied for SUNY Buffalo for 2005 admission cycle while this person's GC processing was going. He/She was interviewed (Part I score 90) and received an offer for admission. At that point he/she was asked to show his/her GC. Unfortunately GC processing was not complete and he/she was denied admission. Fortunately this person got an offer from another school and currently an advanced standing student.

I hope the above information is helpful. Good luck.