anybody takes a research or teaching assistant position while in pharmacy school

Started by LFB
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

LFB

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Especially for those who already has a bachelor or higher degree in science.
 
I don't think you'll have enough time to do so for an entry PharmD level degree program. If you go for a joint PharmD/PhD or PharmD/MS, you might be able to do so.
 
You can work in a lab if you want. The time required is roughly the same as an intern job depending on the lab. There are several students in my class that work in labs.
 
I currently am and will continue to be a Lab Instructor at a local private undergraduate institution. It pays enough to pay my mortgage (not a penny more) and it's only 6 hrs a week. I hope to keep it as long as possible. I love the kids and the low stress situation.