Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello SDN—from the founder of Pharmaste
I’m a pharmacist and educator with over 10 years of pharmacy experience, including postgraduate residency training specializing in infectious diseases. My background spans inpatient and outpatient practice, clinical pharmacy management, and teaching pharmacy students and residents.
Teaching has been a passion of mine since high school. Former classmates still remind me how much I enjoyed explaining difficult concepts until they made sense. In college, that often meant gathering classmates for chemistry review sessions and staying longer to help everyone work through the material. I continued tutoring throughout pharmacy school in pharmacology, therapeutics, pharmacy calculations, and pharmacokinetics.
During residency, I earned a teaching certificate and continued developing that part of my career. Today, I teach pharmacy students in the classroom and on clinical rotations, helping them build the foundational knowledge and clinical reasoning they need to care for patients. Working alongside students and residents keeps me connected to where learners struggle and what helps concepts click.
I created Pharmaste (Pharmaste.com) to bring that same approach to a broader community: clear explanations, original practice questions, and an emphasis on understanding the reasoning behind each answer. My goal is to help learners prepare for their board exams and carry that knowledge into practice as licensed pharmacists.
I also enjoy advising students considering pharmacy, answering questions about the profession, and helping them explore opportunities for shadowing and mentorship.
I’m here as Pharmaste’s founder, but also as someone who has always enjoyed teaching and learning alongside others. I look forward to contributing to the community.
What concept or topic has been hardest to make click during your pharmacy training or board preparation?
I’m a pharmacist and educator with over 10 years of pharmacy experience, including postgraduate residency training specializing in infectious diseases. My background spans inpatient and outpatient practice, clinical pharmacy management, and teaching pharmacy students and residents.
Teaching has been a passion of mine since high school. Former classmates still remind me how much I enjoyed explaining difficult concepts until they made sense. In college, that often meant gathering classmates for chemistry review sessions and staying longer to help everyone work through the material. I continued tutoring throughout pharmacy school in pharmacology, therapeutics, pharmacy calculations, and pharmacokinetics.
During residency, I earned a teaching certificate and continued developing that part of my career. Today, I teach pharmacy students in the classroom and on clinical rotations, helping them build the foundational knowledge and clinical reasoning they need to care for patients. Working alongside students and residents keeps me connected to where learners struggle and what helps concepts click.
I created Pharmaste (Pharmaste.com) to bring that same approach to a broader community: clear explanations, original practice questions, and an emphasis on understanding the reasoning behind each answer. My goal is to help learners prepare for their board exams and carry that knowledge into practice as licensed pharmacists.
I also enjoy advising students considering pharmacy, answering questions about the profession, and helping them explore opportunities for shadowing and mentorship.
I’m here as Pharmaste’s founder, but also as someone who has always enjoyed teaching and learning alongside others. I look forward to contributing to the community.
What concept or topic has been hardest to make click during your pharmacy training or board preparation?