Anybody taking the Canadian Eligibilty Exam soon?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shelly78

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everybody,
I was wondering if there's anyone who is preparing to take the Canadian Eligibilty Exam in May or September this year? Would love to share preparation and study information with you all.

Members don't see this ad.

hey there shelly 78
I am not taking the eligibility exam any more as I got accepted at the University of Manitoba this year.
I will be glad to be of any assistance though
regards
wcl:)

Originally posted by shelly78
Hi everybody,
I was wondering if there's anyone who is preparing to take the Canadian Eligibilty Exam in May or September this year? Would love to share preparation and study information with you all.

hi shelly,i am a canadian pr ,and is totally confused in deciding wether i should take us ndbe or canadian ee. since canadian discourage foreign grads so i am more inclined in taking us ndbe.seats are very few and the exams r valid for just 2 years on contrary to us ndbe.but anyways i am preparing so would ya like to join me in preps.
take care bye.

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by wcl
hey there shelly 78
I am not taking the eligibility exam any more as I got accepted at the University of Manitoba this year.
I will be glad to be of any assistance though
regards
wcl:)

Do you mean, University Of manitoba don't require you to take the eligibility Exam..I thought that it is mandatory to take that exam in Canada before any university even consider your application..

Please share with us your experince..

thanks

dear himoo98
wht i meant was I am no longer taking the ee exams as I got selected for the u of manitoba iddp program
my score was 84
regards
wcl

Hi wcl , deepa,
I'm sorry for not responding earlier,after having started the thread myself,but was just too tied up with other stuff. Anyways,I was wondering what are the study materials you used(wcl) / are using(deepa) to prepare? I'm just preparing with the aid of Part 2 and part 1 dental decks with more emphasis on part 2. I don't know if ASDA reprints of part 1 and part 2 examinations are useful . Are exam reprints of the EE exam available at all? wcl, did you apply to UBC as well? Looking forward to more interaction with you all.

hi shelly78,
the prep material i used to prepare for the ee exams are mostly the same as for the american ndb exams
-dental decks
-reprints from the american ndb exams
also in addition
go thru the reprints on the ndeb.ca website
the last time i gave the exam, I felt a lot of questions were repeated from the reprints

I did apply to UBC but was not selected for the interview....they have a very strict protocol for the interview...if you plan to apply to ubc I suggest you get on the case as soon as possible as you will need to provide lot of original documents from your school and past dental association plus orignal letters of recommendation sent by the person writing you the reference

all the best
wcl

Thanks for your help wcl. The ndb.ca website has sample questions for the eligibility exam (about 30 or so). Is that what you were referring to?

hey shelly, i took the exam in 2002 and only got 75, if nothing happens to the bench exam soon i am thinking of taking the EE again late this year... let me know how the exam went... study hard! get tips from wcl because he scored 85!

Hey mommyr,
Looks like we're going to be able to take the bench sometime , after all. The bill is moving and how!!! Call me an optimist but I think we'll get our chance this year!

Originally posted by shelly78
Hi wcl , deepa,
I'm sorry for not responding earlier,after having started the thread myself,but was just too tied up with other stuff. Anyways,I was wondering what are the study materials you used(wcl) / are using(deepa) to prepare? I'm just preparing with the aid of Part 2 and part 1 dental decks with more emphasis on part 2. I don't know if ASDA reprints of part 1 and part 2 examinations are useful . Are exam reprints of the EE exam available at all? wcl, did you apply to UBC as well? Looking forward to more interaction with you all.

hi shelly,
i am sorry too for responding u late.any way ,actually i am following all the stuff of us ndbe.i think the prepration would be more or less the same for both canada and america.it'll be beneficial for all of us here if we all stay in touch and keep on helping each other.
bye.

Hey deepa,
Have you tried answering the sample questions on the ndb.ca website? Would you like to discuss the answers? pm me if you're interested.
shelly

i am looking for Shamila...if you're reading this call me bec. I lost your no. and Sehar is asking for it...you can study together bec. she is also taking the EE exam soon and lives in your area

Members don't see this ad :)
Just took the EE on Saturday, 15th. I thought it went allright. Anyone with any inputs?

shelly78 said:
Just took the EE on Saturday, 15th. I thought it went allright. Anyone with any inputs?
hi shelly,
glad to know that your EE went well. i am planning to give this septmeber. how was the EE? were any questions repeated from previous EE exam? do let me know,thanks..woeser

Hey woeser,
Yup , a lot of the questions were repeated,many from the 30 sample questions also. Do the part 2 decks well and brush up on anatomy. You should be fine. Good luck.
shelly

hi shelly,
thanks for the advice. do u have any idea where i can buy dental decks part 2 coz i got only the part 1 . i have been preparing mostly from my class notes and text books. i better buy the decks part2 soon,do let me know,bye. peace...woeser :)

Hey woeser,
You can buy the originals from the website dentaldecks.com, (I think that's the website) . Alternatively, you can search numerous student forums where people are always selling them. This is one. You can make a quick search on the net .You'll have all your answers. Good luck
Shelly

Hi all,
Just got the results of the Eligibility exam. I got 81. Is that good enough or not quite? Any input would be appreciated.

i think that's decent enough to get an interview at the very least... start applying to all the schools now... i am thinking og writing that exam (if i get the time to study since i work full time and i have a daughter as well) in sept. we'll see... congratulations :)

hi!!!
i am presently doing my interniship. do you think i am eligible to write the EE exam this year??? can you please help me with the procedure regarding the application and the ee study material please.

The information for application is on teh website www.ndeb.ca and I had studied from the National Dental Board Part 1 and 2 decks and exam reprints and the released exams on the website. Hope this helps

hi there,,,

i just got my EE scores and dats 76%. is it decent enuff to b applied or is it better i give another shot. plz advice me.

hi shelly n evrybody,,,,

yup...even am taking the canadian ee this sept 2004,,,,
and wud love to join u in the prep,,,,,
wanna go ahead,,,just gimme a shout,,,,

shelly78 said:
Hi everybody,

Hi all ,
I haven't still landed in Canada as a PR but i am thinking of taking the EE next Septmeber 2005 , Do you think I should start studying now or is it still too early , I just finished a diploma in conservative dentistry and it was a real chance to refresh my Anatomy,physiology,oral pathology,oral histology,dental materials,Endodontics,Fixed Prosth. and Operative .
I know there's sill a lot to add up to what i've studied but i guess i have time till next September .
Now , I have a couple of Questions ..
1. If i pass the EE and I still haven't got my PR , Is there a university that accepts the admission of foreign trained Dentists who are not permenant residents of Canada ?
2.Do you recommend applying to universities that grant a degree or do you think that there's no serious difference "career wise"

Waiting for your reply ,
Thanks in advance
Shiko

hi guys
i live in canada like you guys
i gave eligibility exams last year and have saved many papers from the past exams released on their website
if you want i can email you all the papers
since i got admission at ucsf this year, I am not trying anymore for canadian universities
but i would gladly give you all the papers i have saved on my computer which i think will be very useful because when i gave it last time ,almost 80% were repeated from those papers
so you can send me private message with your email address and i will definately send you attachments of the past papers

nimeshshingala said:
hi guys
i live in canada like you guys
i gave eligibility exams last year and have saved many papers from the past exams released on their website
if you want i can email you all the papers
since i got admission at ucsf this year, I am not trying anymore for canadian universities
but i would gladly give you all the papers i have saved on my computer which i think will be very useful because when i gave it last time ,almost 80% were repeated from those papers
so you can send me private message with your email address and i will definately send you attachments of the past papers

would you please email me [email protected] your questions abour ee exam

yasi said:
would you please email me [email protected] your questions abour ee exam
hey yasi
i tried to send you the attachments on your email address mentioned above
but it failed to deliver
can you confirm your email address please and send me another one if you have
thanks
nimesh

hi deepa, shelly,this is gagan....i'm also preparing for EE next may.....i would like to discuss my querries .....i'm also taking the help of...dental decks 1 and 2.....as well as ASDA released papers....i've few querrie s regarding flourides . and i would like to discuss.....gagan

Hi guys!…I have these two queries for u. I hope someone can help me in solving these. ………
1.In a left lateral, non working side mandibular movement, what is the direction of arrow[the pathway of maxillary cusps on mandibular posterior teeth]

2.How an abnormal swallowing may produce an anterior open bite?

Hi guys!…I have these two queries for u. I hope someone can help me in solving these. ………
1.In a left lateral, non working side mandibular movement, what is the direction of arrow[the pathway of maxillary cusps on mandibular posterior teeth]

2.How an abnormal swallowing may produce an anterior open bite?