Anyone accepted to MSIH yet?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DocDrex1

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

Just wondering if anyone has been accepted to MSIH for the class starting this September? If so, are you planning to attend? No one seems to post much on the Israeli forums here. I'm sure there must be some people who have been accepted.

Drex

Members don't see this ad.

hey,

i have my interview for there on the 16th of jan. how long after your interview did you get accepted? and how was the interview process?

Hey!

I just recently got accepted!! I actually posted the previous post without having an acceptance at the time.

As for the interview, there are 2 one-on-one interviews at Columbia Medical Center. It's very relaxed and they seem to really want to know if you have a passion for international health. The admin staff are very nice and helpful. They give you time to look through the MSIH information and videos about BGU.

I talked a lot about international health and explained why I want to study in Israel.

I was very impressed with the interview process. I've looked even more carefully at the curriculum since my interview and it seems fantastic! I have acceptances from some other great schools but I like MSIH much more. I'm very much looking forward to attending MSIH!

Drex

Members don't see this ad :)
hey docdrex,

i interviewed in november and got accepted over christmas. I read through your lines of posts and i haven't made an official decision yet. i can't get my dad to want me to go to israel (understandable, i think). some of your questions were very good as were some of the responses. However, I wasn't as worried about USMLE and residency placement until I read through your threads.
It definitely seems like such a great opportunity. I'm worried about having to constantly explain to people about the school, especially if I work internationally like I'd like to, why i went there and not an american school. ya know?
You've accepted admission i guess?

how was your interview? how long do you have to wait to hear back? email me, i got accepted and i want to know about the other kids interested in the school and why because i haven't decided yet to go to BGU.

Hey Doremimi24!

I'm definitely going to BGU! My only concern previously was that I'm a Canadian so matching for me will be more difficult than for the Americans in the class. I'll have to deal with visa issues for residency. However, I really like the focus of the school, the small class size, and studying in Israel. I've only heard good things about the school.

I have confidence that the USMLE material will be covered sufficiently since Columbia designed large parts of the curriculum.

Drex

Hey Everyone,

Can anyone please give me some information/ tips about the interview process at MSIH? Is it better to attend the interview in NY or Beersheva? Thanks!!