Anyone accepted with average DAT scores?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

desiboho

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it possible to get accepted into dental schools with an average DAT score and average GPA, if I have a lot of extracurriculars and have a decent amount of shadowing hours (still working on that). I am worried about the metrics part of my application and want to know if lower scores will prevent me from getting accepted into a single school. I'm in LECOM's EAP program right but I plan to apply this upcoming June to other schools and want to know my odds of getting a few interviews given my circumstances.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
It is possible! I was just accepted with a 18!!

Reactions: 4 users
Accepted with a 19AA

Reactions: 1 users
Fat chance...... Anyone accepted with a 17 AA????

Reactions: 1 user
6 acceptances so far with 21 AA but a 16 on QR, I made sure to have solid examples of my QR skills outside of the DAT

6 acceptances so far with 21 AA but a 16 on QR, I made sure to have solid examples of my QR skills outside of the DAT
What sort of examples did you have? QR was my lowest section and I'm not sure what to do to try to make it look better

6 applicants out of 156 with either a 16 or 17 DAT were accepted to the 2021 graduating class according to TMDSAS stats.

What sort of examples did you have? QR was my lowest section and I'm not sure what to do to try to make it look better

I had done research that was heavily quantitative and required a lot of statistical work, so I talked about that!!