Anyone Apply To The University Of Arizona And Hear Back Of Anything?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

moto_za

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone Receive Anything From The University Of Arizona Med School?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

moto_za said:
Anyone Receive Anything From The University Of Arizona Med School?

Thanks!

Well, it depends on what exactly you mean by recieve anything. I had my interview there in Oct. They are supposed to be sending out the first wave of acceptance at the end of Jan the second wave in the middle of Feb and everything else in mid-march.

I really hate how Arizona only accepts its residents.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone news yet? I hate the fact that if you don't get accepted in the first batch, they don't send you ANYTHING....you just keep waiting, and waiting, and waiting!

Nope, still waiting. i talked to someone in admissions and they said the first wave goes out in Feb. I'm with you, its awful that there isn't even a postcard that says, "sorry, we sent out letters, but we just haven't decided on you yet..."

omgwtfbbq? said:
Nope, still waiting. i talked to someone in admissions and they said the first wave goes out in Feb. I'm with you, its awful that there isn't even a postcard that says, "sorry, we sent out letters, but we just haven't decided on you yet..."

Now in Feb? Geeze wuts with all the delay - their site says between Jan 15 & March 30. It amazes me how the UofA adcom make it seem like they have 6000+ applications to go through when its only like 600. Several schools with much large applicant pool respond much quicker. They were supposed to have met in Decemebr 2005 to make decisions so wut possibly could be delaying sending out the mails. Unless they didnt meet in Dec.

Anyway good luck to everyone waiting as well.

Cheers

Orth2006 said:
Now in Feb? Geeze wuts with all the delay - their site says between Jan 15 & March 30. It amazes me how the UofA adcom make it seem like they have 6000+ applications to go through when its only like 600. Several schools with much large applicant pool respond much quicker. They were supposed to have met in Decemebr 2005 to make decisions so wut possibly could be delaying sending out the mails. Unless they didnt meet in Dec.

Anyway good luck to everyone waiting as well.

Cheers

I with ya Orth. Hopefully, the first batch is closer to Jan 30th with the second batch coming the middle of Feb. I have some tough decisions to make and need to know where I stand with UofA before I make plans to moving across the country.

Hope we all receive emails soon (acceptances!).

Where are you guys from (ASU, UoA, ...). Also where else have you been accepted, and where do you plan on going. Also, if you want to post up some stats, I won't mind. Good luck to everyone.

What are your stats?

I am currently attending ASU and getting a Biology Degree. I have a 3.7 GPA and an MCAT of 30 (11V, 9P, 10B). I am hoping I get into UoA, because it is my top choice. How about you guys.

Graduated from U of A about 2 years ago. 3.85 GPA. 31R MCAT ( 11V 10PS 10B). Duke is probably my top choice, but really when their average mcat is 36 what are the odds

Have you been accepted anywhere yet? I have been accepted to loyola, jefferson and Michigan State. Also, is this your first time applying?

Accepted to MCW, UCONN, Temple, NYMC and waitlisted at 4 other schools. It is my first time applying

It sounds like you have a really good chance of getting into the UoA. I am curious when did you interview? I think I interviewed early october, but I can't remember exaclty. Good luck with Duke, you will be fine.

I interviewed in early september- One of my interviewers flaked out after my interview and never sent in his report, so I had to go for a third interview- Real good impression of the good ole U of A. I don't know If I'll get in. The U of A is known for their "Diversity" ie complete randomness of people they choose. The doctor I work for got waitlisted there twice and she did quite well. I kind of feel like getting away from the intense heat as well, Not a native arizonian

Dogg1 said:
I interviewed in early september- One of my interviewers flaked out after my interview and never sent in his report, so I had to go for a third interview- Real good impression of the good ole U of A. I don't know If I'll get in. The U of A is known for their "Diversity" ie complete randomness of people they choose. The doctor I work for got waitlisted there twice and she did quite well. I kind of feel like getting away from the intense heat as well, Not a native arizonian

Hey guys, best of luck to the both of you. I'm waiting to hear from 2 more schools (U of A being one of them). The instate tuition would be hard to pass up with the costs of the privates!