You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Anyone apply to UCF, Nova, or UNF?
Started by PTgirl1987
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I submitted my applications in oct. I didnt hear back from nova until the end of january asking for an interview and i had the interview the next day, still waiting to hear back from them. Im still waiting on UNF, they have rolling admissions so they let their applicants know if they got in pretty fast but unless your stats are not competitive with the rest of the applicant pool they will keep reviewing your application until march. I went to UCF for undergrad and didnt bother to apply
Thanks a lot. Do you mind telling me how your gpa and gre are? i have a 3.68 and gre of 1060. I'm worried the gre is not competitive enough. Do you know if UCF's program is pretty difficult to get into if you did not do your undergrad there? Thanks so much for the help 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I filled out my supplemental application for Nova only about 2 weeks ago. Will that lower my chances since I applied sort of late? Thanks for the help 🙂
I've applied to UF, UCF, FGCU and UNF. I went to UF for my undergrad. I recently did my interview with UCF. They told me they are still calling people for interviews and that they will invite 80 total out of about 350 total applicants. Out of the 80, they will choose 34 students. UF told me that they are completing their application reviews and they will be sending out decisions in the coming weeks and everyone should hear some sort of response by the last week of March. FGCU and UNF, I haven't heard from yet.
Undergrad: Univ. of Florida
Major: Economics
Pre-Req GPA: 3.69
GRE: 1220 | V490 | Q730 | W3.5
Undergrad: Univ. of Florida
Major: Economics
Pre-Req GPA: 3.69
GRE: 1220 | V490 | Q730 | W3.5
Last edited:
Should I be worried that I haven't been contacted for an interview from UCF yet? It seems like others have had interviews with their schools already and I haven't yet...
I applied to UNF back in August and got accepted in the following weeks. Hope that helps you out.I am not sure how their program stands in comparison to other florida schools. Does anyone have any word on their reputation?
PTgirl I have similar grades as you: a 3.67 overall, 3.76 upper level, and I believe around a 3.5-3.6 pre-req with a GRE of 1020 if I remember correctly so I dont think you have underachieved so hang in there!!!. Just got waitlisted at USF, interview with USA ahead, havent heard from UF yet.
PTgirl I have similar grades as you: a 3.67 overall, 3.76 upper level, and I believe around a 3.5-3.6 pre-req with a GRE of 1020 if I remember correctly so I dont think you have underachieved so hang in there!!!. Just got waitlisted at USF, interview with USA ahead, havent heard from UF yet.
Thanks for the help. I actually just heard from UNF today and got accepted 🙂 Good luck to you!
I got an email invitation yesterday for a phone interview and schduled it on Feb 25. My GPA is 3.65, Pre-GPA is about 3.5 (several are in progress). GRE is 590(verbal), 800(math), 3.5. I was got into another 2 schools, but really like the charming climate in Nova. Does anyone know more about the reputation of its program?
So UNF doesnt do interviews?!
I've applied to UF, UCF, FGCU and UNF. I went to UF for my undergrad. I recently did my interview with UCF. They told me they are still calling people for interviews and that they will invite 80 total out of about 350 total applicants. Out of the 80, they will choose 34 students. UF told me that they are completing their application reviews and they will be sending out decisions in the coming weeks and everyone should hear some sort of response by the last week of March. FGCU and UNF, I haven't heard from yet.
Undergrad: Univ. of Florida
Major: Economics
Pre-Req GPA: 3.69
GRE: 1220 | V490 | Q730 | W3.5
Have you heard back from FGCU yet?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I applied to UCF and UF. Interviewed with UCF January 19th and received acceptance call February 16th. It does not appear the class is filled yet, so if you interviewed and are still waiting to hear there is hope. I have not heard from UF yet, but doesn't matter because I will be attending UCF. Good luck all and try to stay positive if you haven't heard yet.