Anyone apply to Univ. of Hawaii SOM?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dmk78

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I was just wondering who else out there applied to UHSOM for Fall 2007...any residents out there who also interviewed?

Members don't see this ad.

I threw my hat in over there, and they said no thanks before a secondary. I'm from CA and I thought they were okay with CA residents! Needless to say, I was slightly suprised. There goes surfing through four years of med school while treating crazy shark attack victims.

I threw my hat in over there, and they said no thanks before a secondary. I'm from CA and I thought they were okay with CA residents! Needless to say, I was slightly suprised. There goes surfing through four years of med school while treating crazy shark attack victims.

yeah, i heard only 6 non-residents are accepted to each class...the new campus is beautiful though and overlooks the ocean...this is totally unrelated, but they filmed right in front of the school for the t.v. show, "Lost."

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey,

I'm interviewing there next week. OOS though so who knows ...

I'm flying Wednesday morning, so I'm going to be missing tons of class. My profs seem pretty cool about it though because I'm in a pre-med program.

I go to a Canadian school though and our Reading Week (equivalent of the American Spring Break) is from Feb. 19-23, so Vandy and Duke won't mean any missed classes.

I will, however, miss a few more days for Wayne State the week after.

I interviewed there. Make sure you have your interviews planned out nicely as its a kind of fend for yourself in terms of transportation and schedule. Otherwise the area is beautiful, the new building is nice, and students seem happy. Try to get a student tour, as that was pretty much my only contact with students there.

Hey,

I'm interviewing there next week. OOS though so who knows ...

hey, good luck on your interviews...i would HIGHLY recommend you read the interview feedback for UH on this forum...it really helped me. The interviews for UH are more casual/conversational and they don't really ask any medical/health/scientific-related questions. Just be sure you know what you've written on your own AMCAS and secondary applications VERY WELL. I was asked a lot about my EC's.

I interviewed there. Make sure you have your interviews planned out nicely as its a kind of fend for yourself in terms of transportation and schedule. Otherwise the area is beautiful, the new building is nice, and students seem happy. Try to get a student tour, as that was pretty much my only contact with students there.

hey, good luck on your interviews...i would HIGHLY recommend you read the interview feedback for UH on this forum...it really helped me. The interviews for UH are more casual/conversational and they don't really ask any medical/health/scientific-related questions. Just be sure you know what you've written on your own AMCAS and secondary applications VERY WELL. I was asked a lot about my EC's.

Thanks a lot for the advice!