Anyone applying the 2019 cycle?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kxc

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wanting to know if anyone else is currently applying, or has already applied, and when you guys have taken/plan to take the DAT?

I am submitting my app this weekend, but the DAT is July 27. I know I’m not early, but I’m also hoping I’m not the latest since it won’t technically be complete til after the DAT scores come back so prob mid August if I’m correct.

Members don't see this ad.

The app doesn't open until June 5th though.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am a Texas resident so we don’t use the AADSAS. We use TMDSAS which opens up on May 1 of each year.

But that’s only Texas schools. This year I’m only applying to Texas, but next app cycle I will do out of state as well through the AADSAS if I don’t get in. I just need a while to research the OOS schools before applying to them.

But that’s only Texas schools. This year I’m only applying to Texas, but next app cycle I will do out of state as well through the AADSAS if I don’t get in. I just need a while to research the OOS schools before applying to them.

Why not increase your chances this year? You’re taking a big risk of losing a whole year of income in opportunity costs.

Reactions: 1 user
Just wanting to know if anyone else is currently applying, or has already applied, and when you guys have taken/plan to take the DAT?

I am submitting my app this weekend, but the DAT is July 27. I know I’m not early, but I’m also hoping I’m not the latest since it won’t technically be complete til after the DAT scores come back so prob mid August if I’m correct.
Nope nobody else is applying. You’re in.

Reactions: 1 user
Nope nobody else is applying. You’re in.

I pretty much meant is anyone else on this forum applying, I was looking for people in the same boat as I am.

But your sarcasm is cute I guess.

Reactions: 1 users
Why not increase your chances this year? You’re taking a big risk of losing a whole year of income in opportunity costs.

This year I’m not financially stable enough to apply everywhere, through Texas it’s only $110 so that’s what I planned. I may still try though. I mean i can budget it in, but I know nothing about dental schools elsewhere. I’ve only been out of Texas once lol. I never considered applying out of state until like last week. No idea why it never crossed my mind. Also since I’ve never taken the DAT I’d hate to spend the money to apply everywhere then realize that my scores aren’t adequate enough. Because I’d have to withdraw my application, right? Or is that even how it works. If I’m not pleased with my scores can I withdraw my application or test later?

I’ve heard the AADSAS is like $250 base fee plus $93 per school. Is that even accurate?

You wouldn’t have to withdraw your application if your DAT is bad but you wouldn’t get your money back. If I were you I would take out the extra 1-2k in loans to apply through AADSAS to ~10 schools give or take 5 depending on your DAT score. If you’re DAT is bad then you’re going to have to fork up the money to retake the DAT and apply again which is on top of a whole year of ~200k. Texas is competitive. The extra year lost is simply not worth it from a financial stand point. You could go ahead and fill out your aadsas apps, wait till you get your DAT score and then submit Aadsas if you’re happy with your score.