Anyone Applying to Albany College of Pharmacy?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

milgaroo

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I'm considering Albany, NY (as a transfer into 3rd year) and I am reading all these messages about ACPHS looking mainly at the GPA for admissions. My GPA is not strong, but I do have good experience in the Pharmacy field and have been working to improve my GPA since my Bachelors.

I read on PharmCAS that their requirement is 2.5 min for overall and prerequisites, but I have also read on this forum that there is no poing applying if you don't have a 3.8+

Also, is there anyone applying? Are you answering the "Distance Learning" questions? Do you know how much of the school's curricula involves Distance Learning?

Thanks alot!

Members don't see this ad.

I really, REALLY wouldn't bother unless you have a 4.0. Actually, I wouldn't bother with this school at all. Astronomical tuition and a tough curriculum. I know one early assurance guy who actually dropped out of ACP because of politics within the student body, and went through the trouble of reapplying to pharmacy school, taking the PCAT and all! Just because he couldn't stand the school. I also know someone who graduated from ACP. She had a full scholarship, and only stayed there based on that.

Make of it what you will, it's only 2 stories out of hundreds of students. But I did talk to one of the transfer admission guys last year, and he basically told me if you don't have a 4.0, don't bother applying to transfer.

It is one of those schools for people who do academically well but have trouble with standardized testings. I know this girl who had a 4.0 but for the life of her she couldn't get an "acceptable" score on the PCAT. Also, only of my co-worker who I guess had a GPA but a subpar PCAT also got in.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks. Actually it's not two stories, I have heard others. Information was helpful, thanks again.:)

I actually just added them last minute when submitting my pharmcas application. I figured I might as well add them since they are in state. Still need to do some more research on them.

Hey guys,
I'm considering Albany, NY (as a transfer into 3rd year) and I am reading all these messages about ACPHS looking mainly at the GPA for admissions. My GPA is not strong, but I do have good experience in the Pharmacy field and have been working to improve my GPA since my Bachelors.

I read on PharmCAS that their requirement is 2.5 min for overall and prerequisites, but I have also read on this forum that there is no poing applying if you don't have a 3.8+

Also, is there anyone applying? Are you answering the "Distance Learning" questions? Do you know how much of the school's curricula involves Distance Learning?

Thanks alot!

The distance learning is pretty extensive in the curriculum at ACPHS. since there are two campuses. Courses are taught from Albany to Colchester and vice versa. Feel free to message me if you have any more questions about ACPHS, I can try to answer as many of them as possible but I am just a P1 at the Colchester campus