Anyone applying to the Schools in the Caribbean?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lseo

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
can I get your opinions.

Members don't see this ad.

SDN actually has its own forum for Caribbean medical schools under the International Forums division.

The popular ones are St. George's University, Ross University, American University of the Caribbean, and Saba. There are many others, but if you're going to go the Carib route I'd suggest going for the more established schools (the less established ones often have licensure issues in multiple states).

There's a lot of info over in the Carib forum, so I'll move your thread there.

Not related to SDN, but also helpful is ValueMD.com -- SDN's Radiation Oncology moderator is a moderator there as well.

My opinion is that they are a good opportunity for good future doctors with faulty stats.

Some are better than others and all offer plenty of challenges. None are easy. In fact, everything is harder than a US/Canadian med school.

Members don't see this ad :)
McGillGrad said:
My opinion is that they are a good opportunity for good future doctors with faulty stats.

Some are better than others and all offer plenty of challenges. None are easy. In fact, everything is harder than a US/Canadian med school.

I agree! It's gonna let me do what the US schools wouldn't. Do the research on which schools to attend, but a good starting point is SGU, AUC, Ross, and Saba. From there look through the others. Check out the World Health Organization's guide to medical schools as well. Make sure you can practice in all 50 states from whatever school you go to. This will give you a few more options on where you can practice if anything.

I went to individual school website to differentiate from SGU and Ross.

Can you help.... Pros and Cons of both schools

Cost: Ross is cheaper

How about during hurricane season?

Clinical rotation: it seems like SGU has better chance, also in Residency.

US: both schools are accredited in all 50 states. I am assuming Texas is also included.

Length: SGU 2 years (hot a huge factor in decision making)
Ross, 16 months.