Anyone applying to UTMB?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jenalex11

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Have you heard anything from UTMB yet? I know they're usually pretty quick about calling people for interviews, but I haven't heard anything yet.

Members don't see this ad.

I was hoping it wasn't just me. I applied and haven't heard back.

I haven't heard anything either. I am reapplying, and last year I didn't hear anything until late March I believe.

Members don't see this ad :)
I called a few weeks ago, and they told me that they are running a bit behind this year and the first round of interviews will be in January. They usually do the first round of interviews in December, I think.....

Does anyone know any current UTMB students to know what kind of stats usually get people accepted there in the past? Or if there is any kind soul that got rejected last year and wouldn't mind posting their stats, that would be rad.

I got rejected from TWU and I officially have all of my eggs in the UTMB basket at this point. I am just wondering if there is any hope! TWU's GPA cut-off for interviews was a 3.7 GPA on last 60 GPA, and I'm hoping UTMB's will be a bit lower, or that they will look more at prereq GPA's.

My stats are:
Overall cGPA: 3.34
Last 60 cGPA: 3.1
Prerequisite GPA: 3.9

Thanks folks!

I got an interview at TWU. There were a lot of people there. In a few days I'll find out if I have all my eggs in one basket too. :eek:

gpa: 3.9
last 60: ?
prereqs: 4.0

I have all my eggs in the UTMB basket as well. :eek:

Here's what I know:
they have received about 100 applications so far and will be admitting 60
a 3.3 overall GPA is considered competitive
pre-req GPA and rec letters are weighed more than cum GPA

I have also been talking to a current student doing their fieldwork at the clinic where I volunteer. She was admitted with a 3.4 overall GPA and feels like her essay and recommendations are what made the difference, as well as the interview.

Well, that is certainly encouraging to hear that they seem to look at more than just GPA, and especially that prereq GPA is weighted more. I am also happy to hear that 3.3 is still considered "competitive" as I was starting to feel like a piece of crap to have such a "low" gpa by some schools' standards!

I appreciate that UTMB allowed us to write such long personal statements so that you could really speak about your situation... The 70 word TWU personal statement only allowed for 3 or 4 sentences, so there is no way they could learn much from that.

Thanks for the info!!!

I called UTMB a couple of days ago and they said they are slowly starting to send out interview offers. Has anyone heard anything?

JJ2011, No I still haven't heard anything from them. They are really disorganized though. I have to call them almost every week in order to get an answer as to what my application status is. When did you turn in your application/documents? I turned mine in Mid-October, and enrollment services still hasn't forwarded it to the OT department yet...
They said the first interviews will be January 7th

I turned in my application materials on October 1, and still haven't heard anything. I am surprised that there will be interviews on January 7th, as not a single person has posted that they have been offered an interview!

I really think you should contact them..I have been doing so every week. And you're right I am not sure how they have interviews on the 7th if no one has heard back from them. Thats just what the OT department had told me...so I have no idea.

Hello All,

I called today and they told me they are waiting for the enrollment services office to send my gpa over. Don't be discouraged! She did inform me that they are starting interviews this week. I turned in all my materials mid-October and they didn't start putting my things in the system until early December. I had to continually call them in order for them to do anything. Either way good luck to all and if I hear anything I will let everyone know.

Did anyone hear back from UTMB for an interview? I heard back from them yesterday and I have an interview on February 11. Does anyone have any pointers? I am really excited because this has been quite a journey for me.

MissToni,

I have also been invited for an interview on the same date! I am excited as well, and congrats to you. Have you heard anything about the format or types of questions? I will be posting up on a new forum, if you'd like to join. Hopefully some previous students will be able to help us out. Is this UTMB your first choice?

I received my acceptance email yesterday! Soooo thrilled and excited to start! Anyone else hear anything yet?? Good Luck! :xf: