General Admissions & OTCAS Anyone Applying to VA OT Programs 2017-2018 Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So nothing new on Jefferson? Haha

Members don't see this ad.

I was accepted at the Leesburg Campus! I am most definitely accepting!

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations!

I’m still waiting to hear anything from them... :(

Reactions: 1 user
me too, don't feel bad!
Me three! I tried getting in touch with them to see if their plan was still to have decisions made by the end of January and I have not heard back either. Only a few more days left so I'm assuming I was waitlisted or denied by now...

I suppose there could still be acceptances, trying to remember that.

Did either of you happen to apply to JMU too?

Yes, I did! I graduated from there, actually. They usually send out acceptances in the beginning of March I think.

Congratulations! When did they notify you of your acceptance?

They notified me today around 1PM. I would call Monday morning to get an update. Also, remember that not everyone who gets accepted will decide to attend Shenandoah. Don't lose hope yet!

Yes, I did! I graduated from there, actually. They usually send out acceptances in the beginning of March I think.

Oh! Are you living here in Harrisonburg then? I applied a few years back, but my application wasn't great then.

I suppose there could still be acceptances, trying to remember that.

Did either of you happen to apply to JMU too?
I also applied to JMU and graduated from there! :) that’s my number one choice but i also love Shenandoah

I have not heard a decision from Shenandoah either! I am hopeful because it isn't quite the 31st yet. I honestly have no idea how the process works, but I'd like to think they are waiting on some declined decisions to start moving forward in the acceptance process. If it comes down to it, I'd rather wait some time to hear an acceptance than receive an alternate decision early. Wish ya'll the best!

Members don't see this ad :)
I have not heard a decision from Shenandoah either! I am hopeful because it isn't quite the 31st yet. I honestly have no idea how the process works, but I'd like to think they are waiting on some declined decisions to start moving forward in the acceptance process. If it comes down to it, I'd rather wait some time to hear an acceptance than receive an alternate decision early. Wish ya'll the best!

Yea maybe they anticpate getting a few rejections early from those accepted.

I also applied to JMU and graduated from there! :) that’s my number one choice but i also love Shenandoah

Yea I'd love to stay in Harrisonburg and pay less, but I also would like to be able to work still, so I'll take whatever I can get ha

Reactions: 1 users
Yes, I'm still in harrisonburg!

I e-mailed JMU a few weeks ago, and they said they had first met together as a group to review applications on the 1st Friday of January and only got through 1/4 of them. I figure they will take theirm time.

I e-mailed JMU a few weeks ago, and they said they had first met together as a group to review applications on the 1st Friday of January and only got through 1/4 of them. I figure they will take theirm time.
Thanks for the heads up! They emailed me last week asking for a part of my application that they thought was missing, only to be found in my file already. So it appears they are starting to go through them like you said!

I was accepted at the Leesburg Campus! I am most definitely accepting!
Congrats! I got accepted to the Leesburg Campus as well. I was sent an email that said we would receive an official letter. Have you received?

Congrats! I got accepted to the Leesburg Campus as well. I was sent an email that said we would receive an official letter. Have you received?
Of those of you that were accepted, are any of you planning on turning down the offer?

Just got the email this morning saying I'm on the Alternate/Wait list. Congrats to all of you who got in! I do hope my status changes so i can join you guys in class:)

I also just received an email stating I am on the alternate list.

I figured it was coming considering how many acceptances I saw people received. I loved their program so I hope I am still able to get in.

Congratulations to those who were accepted and will be attending.

Reactions: 3 users

I figured it was coming considering how many acceptances I saw people received. I loved their program so I hope I am still able to get in.

I got the same email, incredibly disappointed.

I got the same email, incredibly disappointed.
I am disappointed as well. But there is still a chance, and still other programs out there that may be a better fit for us.

I have tried reaching out to Sarah Boswell at Jefferson all last week, and she still has not gotten back to me. Does anyone know if all of the interview slots are full?

I have tried reaching out to Sarah Boswell at Jefferson all last week, and she still has not gotten back to me. Does anyone know if all of the interview slots are full?
I have no idea. I assume they are because they would have had to give us advance notice if we were selected to interview. But last time I asked, they were still reviewing applicants so maybe they will add even more interview slots.

I have no idea. I assume they are because they would have had to give us advance notice if we were selected to interview. But last time I asked, they were still reviewing applicants so maybe they will add even more interview slots.
I also thought it was strange that they decided not to give us our placement on the waitlist this year like they have done in previous years.

Someone I go to undergrad with called her last week because she was having some trouble with OTCAS. Jefferson had never received her completed application. Once she worked everything out with OTCAS, she got a call the next day saying she had an interview....

Someone I go to undergrad with called her last week because she was having some trouble with OTCAS. Jefferson had never received her completed application. Once she worked everything out with OTCAS, she got a call the next day saying she had an interview....
So t
So they didn’t reach out to her first to tell her they didn’t get her application?? I wonder if that is the case with anyone else.

Of those of you that were accepted, are any of you planning on turning down the offer?

I am! Just waiting on the official letter to arrive which is supposed to have instructions for accepting/denying my spot.

I am! Just waiting on the official letter to arrive which is supposed to have instructions for accepting/denying my spot.
Do you know when that might be/when you have to let them know by?

Just got the email this morning saying I'm on the Alternate/Wait list. Congrats to all of you who got in! I do hope my status changes so i can join you guys in class:)

I'm with ya. I was waitlisted last year as well, so I doubt I'm going to try this another year!

I kinda saw it coming too. Hopefully something changes for us :)

Do you know when that might be/when you have to let them know by?

They give 4 weeks to reply and I heard back 2 weeks ago but still haven’t received the letter. I’m assuming it’ll come this week and then they’ll start taking people off the waitlist.

Not yet! I just got notified Friday, so I'm sure it will be in the mail this week (hopefully)

I got accepted into the program on the 18th but still haven't received the official letter yet? And Linda never replied me back when I asked. I am kinda nervous!
I Wish you all the best!

So nothing new on Jefferson? Haha
I emailed Sarah this morning to see if the interview slots were full and asked for more information and I got a call from Anita shortly after offering me an interview February 9th.

I emailed Sarah from Jefferson College yesterday and she responded to me today.

She said that my application is still be reviewed (along with other's applications). She said it is taking longer than anticipated but they haven't finished making decisions yet.

I emailed Sarah from Jefferson College yesterday and she responded to me today.

She said that my application is still be reviewed (along with other's applications). She said it is taking longer than anticipated but they haven't finished making decisions yet.

I received an e-mail from her today, saying the same thing. I actually was giving up on Jefferson, didn't expect that e-mail. I don't know what's going on with them! ha

I received an e-mail from her today, saying the same thing. I actually was giving up on Jefferson, didn't expect that e-mail. I don't know what's going on with them! ha

I think they are VERY disorganized.

I still haven't heard anything from Jefferson. I got an email on Friday, Feb 2nd saying they had a lot of applicants and were still reviewing applications.

Got accepted to Jefferson via email!

Has anyone heard anything about when they’ll start choosing students off the alternate list?

Has anyone heard anything about when they’ll start choosing students off the alternate list?
We have until March 5 to send in a deposit so probably after then.

Last edited:
Just an update for anyone who is on Shenandoahs alternate list along with me:
I spoke to the school this morning and they said they anticipate all decisions being made by mid-March, whether that be we are offered a spot or the class is full.

Either way, he said we’d be notified :)

Reactions: 3 users
Jefferson e-mailed on Friday saying that my application is still complete (I'd hope so) and still being reviewed. They asked if I'd still like to be considered for admission. Really? I don't even know now.

Jefferson e-mailed on Friday saying that my application is still complete (I'd hope so) and still being reviewed. They asked if I'd still like to be considered for admission. Really? I don't even know now.
Lol! I got the same email! I said yes only because I paid the application fee. She got back to me super quick saying thank you for responding, etc. I’m glad to hear I’m not the only one who got that email.

Anyone else on Shenandoah's alternate list get an email this morning from an admission counselor?

It was from a mailing list so I'm just curious who else was receiving it.

Anyone else on Shenandoah's alternate list get an email this morning from an admission counselor?

It was from a mailing list so I'm just curious who else was receiving it.
I did. Not sure what that is about