General Admissions & OTCAS Anyone Applying to VA OT Programs 2017-2018 Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I received it too. I am confused what the email means..

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
It kinda seems like maybe everyone on the alternate list got one? Maybe in case we had any questions...?

We’ve already applied though so I’m not sure why we’d be included in that. I’m confused lol

When ya'll emailed to confirm your spot on the list, did you get a response afterwords?

Members don't see this ad :)
It kinda seems like maybe everyone on the alternate list got one? Maybe in case we had any questions...?

We’ve already applied though so I’m not sure why we’d be included in that. I’m confused lol

I actually did not receive any e-mails like this

Hmm, this is interesting. I guess the best thing is to just wait and see.

I was offered a spot this morning!

Congrats!! Are you going to accept?

I haven’t heard anything yet but I am hopeful.
I think they are still waiting for a few others who were offered acceptance to make a decision so they know how many spots they have left to offer. I have until April 3rd to decide. I already put down a deposit elsewhere and am waiting to hear back from 2 more schools so I’m not sure yet.

I think they are still waiting for a few others who were offered acceptance to make a decision so they know how many spots they have left to offer. I have until April 3rd to decide. I already put down a deposit elsewhere and am waiting to hear back from 2 more schools so I’m not sure yet.
How exciting for you!! Best of luck in whatever you decide, hopefully we’ll end up classmates!

I also got offered a spot this morning! Woohoo!! Leesburg campus

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
It seems like there are a lot of Loudon/Leesburg people on here :) I applied for the Winchester campus.

Reactions: 2 users
It seems like there are a lot of Loudon/Leesburg people on here :) I applied for the Winchester campus.
I also applied with Winchester as my main choice! Hmm this is getting interesting

Reactions: 1 users
Is anyone still waiting to hear back from JMU or VCU?

Is anyone still waiting to hear back from JMU or VCU?

Yes! Waiting anxiously from JMU. I applied a few years back and it was right around this time that they gave me a decision. I work with a few people who have applied to their OT and ST programs, and they haven't heard anything yet either.

Yes! Waiting anxiously from JMU. I applied a few years back and it was right around this time that they gave me a decision. I work with a few people who have applied to their OT and ST programs, and they haven't heard anything yet either.
I was told they are doing acceptances in waves this year and have done two waves already.

I was told they are doing acceptances in waves this year and have done two waves already.

Oh wow, I wish they would communicate more. If I don't get in this time, I'm probably just going to go into ABA/Special Ed.

I’m waiting to hear back from VCU as well, but it’s not looking good. I think I’m learning more towards Shenandoah anyway so I can still work! I got into the Leesburg campus as well. Feel free to message me if you got accepted there so we can start connecting

Linda told me today that the Winchester class is full, but they are just waiting to see if anyone takes back their acceptance. Now waiting on JMU..

Linda told me today that the Winchester class is full, but they are just waiting to see if anyone takes back their acceptance. Now waiting on JMU..
Did she say anything about the Leesburg campus being full as well?

JMU informed me that the class is full but offered me a waitlist spot.

Has anyone heard anything from Shenandoah recently? I have both called (goes straight to voicemail) and emailed Linda Burrow and it's radio silence... They closed the alternate list at this point last year so I'm wondering where they are in the process.

I have not heard anything. I replied to an email that I had gotten from an admissions counselor, but his reply was rather vague, so I didn't really get anywhere.

I second what OTNC says. I also responded to the email they sent and got a vague response as well. When I talked to the school on the phone they said we’d be notified once the class was full but I’m curious if they’re going to stick to their word on that.

What admissions counselor are y'all talking about?
A few weeks ago a guy named John from Shenandoah sent out an email (that only some of us seemed to get I think) talking about being our admissions counselor

Yeah, I didn't get any email like that. Interesting.. Last year when I emailed Linda she was pretty responsive, so I'm a little surprised that I haven't heard anything from her.

Isn’t it strange?? They told me in February, that by mid-March we should know whether the class was full or if they were still picking off the wait list but here we are mid-April and I still haven’t heard anything aside from that random email.

Has anyone heard anything from Shenandoah recently? I have both called (goes straight to voicemail) and emailed Linda Burrow and it's radio silence... They closed the alternate list at this point last year so I'm wondering where they are in the process.

I heard back a few weeks ago. They said the Winchester class was full (where I applied), but they'd keep me on the waiting list ha

Isn’t it strange?? They told me in February, that by mid-March we should know whether the class was full or if they were still picking off the wait list but here we are mid-April and I still haven’t heard anything aside from that random email.

Go figure. The classes are full I believe, but just in case someone takes back their acceptance, they're just not wanting to say that they're full.

Go figure. The classes are full I believe, but just in case someone takes back their acceptance, they're just not wanting to say that they're full.
Probably so :( I stopped holding my breath that it was going to happen for me this year. Hopefully next year brings better luck

Probably so :( I stopped holding my breath that it was going to happen for me this year. Hopefully next year brings better luck

Wish it wasn't so! This is round 3, so I decided to apply to a Master of Special Ed with Behavior analysis track. I am already an RBT and a lot of my work is still OT-related. I co-treat with OTs and my goal is functional behavior and communication in natural settings. So just a thought if this doesn't work out.

Is there an interview for the Shenandoah- Leesburg campus?

Is there an interview for the Shenandoah- Leesburg campus?

There was for the cycle that just passed, all interviews for both campuses were held at the Winchester campus. You can't exactly choose which campus you go to, but you can let them know your preference during your interview and select your preference on OTCAS... I actually preferred Winchester but got accepted into the Leesburg campus. Hope this helps!

I was pulled from the waitlist and accepted yesterday, so maybe keep your eyes out if you are waiting for Shenandoah! I have also been accepted at Springfield College and will most likely attend there, but will make a decision soon.

There was for the cycle that just passed, all interviews for both campuses were held at the Winchester campus. You can't exactly choose which campus you go to, but you can let them know your preference during your interview and select your preference on OTCAS... I actually preferred Winchester but got accepted into the Leesburg campus. Hope this helps!
Hi!! I was just pulled from the waitlist to the Leesburg campus and know you’ve been accepted for awhile now! Is there a Facebook page for ppl looking for housing and such?

Hi!! I was just pulled from the waitlist to the Leesburg campus and know you’ve been accepted for awhile now! Is there a Facebook page for ppl looking for housing and such?
There’s a google document that Linda Burrow put together that has names and contact information of OT and pt students looking for houseing. Reach out to Linda, and she can invite you to the document