Anyone been accepted with 500 MCAT??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DocMcMuffins

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone I recent years (2015 and up) been accepted with a 500MCAT. Please tell me there are some miracles!! I'd love to hear about the rest of your application if you've been accepted!

Members don't see this ad.

Yes. I have two friends that were accepted with a sub-500 MCAT as part of the inaugural class at some of the new D.O. schools. Their GPAs and EC's were mostly on par or above average. One was an ORM and one was an URM (Native American).

It's possible if you apply smart, and if the rest of your application is up to par.

This did not personally happen to me, so I don't know every detail of their application, but if you're asking about a 500 MCAT, then it's possible.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations. That's amazing, and an M.D. Program as well?? Would you mind sharing more? I am interested in hearing as well.
Well I had an Undergrad GPA of 3.79, science GPA of 3.6-3.7ish. Degree in biochemistry and chemical biotechnology. Did research at Temple through a program there. Applied to 9 schools (4 in state and 5 out of state). Got interviews from 6. Accepted to 2, Priority WL for 2, ando regular WL for 2.

If you have any other questions you can PM me

Reactions: 1 users
I was accepted MD with a MCAT of 501. GPA pretty low. I am an URM though.

Hey, let's say he's not URM...but has a first-author Nature paper and a 4.0 GPA from Caltech. Not super miraculous for him to get into his state MD school.

Last edited:
Has anyone I recent years (2015 and up) been accepted with a 500MCAT. Please tell me there are some miracles!! I'd love to hear about the rest of your application if you've been accepted!
I got accepted with a 500 MCAT this year. I had a 3.5 sGPA and a 3.6 cGPA. I did however have thousands of clinical hours, lots of leadership roles, and many ECs which helped a lot. I got four interview invites, three to DO and one MD and went to three of them. Got accepted at two DO schools and one MD school.

Reactions: 2 users
Yes, DO schools accept thousands a year

Yes. I got accepted last year. I had CGPA 3.62

Reactions: 1 users
PNWU matriculant MCAT avg is 502. I would assume that sub 500 mcat scores are included in that average.

Why not just retake your mcat? People get in with lower MCATs, I have some friends who were accepted with 501s and 502s to MD schools but I don't know much about their app just that they were traditional applicants. Its possible, but don't count on. Work to retake your mcat that will improve your chances!

Would anyonemind sharing what schools they got accepted to or waitlisted with lower MCAT?

Some schools that have accepted 500’s:
Indiana State, Ohio State University, Wayne State University, MCW, Oakland Beaumont, Howard, UC Drew, Wright State, Central Michigan, SUNY Downstate, Loyola, Rosalind Franklin, and Tulane. There are more obviously, but these are ones I know for sure. Of course, you need to have amazing EC’s on the side. PeaceCorps, Fulbright, Howard Hughs, AmeriCorps, international missionaries, army, etc. are all good starts.