Anyone bored with general GI?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nirmalbambino

Reaction score
I know, there are ways I could make general GI more interesting but, the desire for ERCP/EUS skills is overwhelming. I got proctored for ERCP and attended a month EUS course in Canada. It appeared I could get on with the business but, few bad job choices meant I went too far without maintaining the numbers. Now back to square one with that light still burning. I meant to ask if any of you have known any programs in US or abroad that offer short 3-6 months training? Actually open to consider a full year advanced fellowship if any unfilled spots available but, doubt I 'll competitive enough (almost 5 years out of fellowship).
Any advise much appreciated. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

The headline is different from the question... to answer the EUS part, the ASGE has a mentor/proctored program for EUS (https://www.asge.org/docs/default-s...-library/diagnostic-eus-training-brochure.pdf). If your employer wants you to do EUS/ ERCP they can always set that up. I have heard of multiple people in the community getting EUS/ ERCP training by the older panc-bil guys in the group who then pass on/ split the volume. I don't know if that McMaster route is still available but if so may be worthwhile to look into. EUS/ ERCP remains accredited, if its what you want to do, given the demand, you may need to just look for someone out there willing to get you setup.

Reactions: 1 users
The headline is different from the question... to answer the EUS part, the ASGE has a mentor/proctored program for EUS (https://www.asge.org/docs/default-s...-library/diagnostic-eus-training-brochure.pdf). If your employer wants you to do EUS/ ERCP they can always set that up. I have heard of multiple people in the community getting EUS/ ERCP training by the older panc-bil guys in the group who then pass on/ split the volume. I don't know if that McMaster route is still available but if so may be worthwhile to look into. EUS/ ERCP remains accredited, if its what you want to do, given the demand, you may need to just look for someone out there willing to get you setup.
Thank you...I did look in to ASGE EUS program but, my employer is yet to respond. Thanks for the McMaster suggestion, Will look in to it.