anyone bought a house in the Vegas/henderson area recently?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

swisschez2000

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking of just buying a house rather than renting an Apt. Might as well do it before I rely on student loans and cant get a mortgage in a few months. Can ya get a decent house with $1000-$1200 monthly payment?

Members don't see this ad.

Yes you can right now with an 5 or 7 year arm loan, but it may be a house in a bad area of town. Prices are going up like crazy DAILY. If you are serious about buying, I would suggest getting out here ASAP to look. Each day you wait costs more money. If you are going to rent, you have all the choices in the world. There are THOUSANDS of rentals. Any ?'s PM me. I have been living here for a while and I know quite a bit about the real estate here.

I just bought in north las vegas, about 9.8 miles from the school at shadow lane, im not a real estate pusher or something, but the house was $200K, and is 2000 sq ft, its new, and way nice, but the f$^@ed up thing is that its worth 250k now, and its been like 4 months, so pretty much every month you wait to buy, you will pay at least about 4K more each month for the same house, thats whats going on in LV right now, its ******ed, there's no reason for it, and it seems artificial and illogical, but thats whats happening. i was going to wait until july or august to buy, but calculated that by august, i will pay at least like 30K more for any house, so i bought immidiately, now i just have to pay mortgage of $1100, but im glad to do it because every month the house value increases way beyond the monthly payment.

basically, just picture the worst, most difficult possible scenario for buying or building a house, and thats whats going on in LV right now.

good times though....
Tom