Anyone buying any REITs now?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

UserNameNeeded

SOS
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Given the meltdown in the housing/financials sector, most REITs are at 52 week lows. Anyone consider buying into any of them (and, if so, which ones)?
 
Considering how long the buildup in housing and real estate lasted, it may be too early yet to get in.
 
I bought some a couple of weeks ago, when they were down about 6%. That just happened to be when I had the money to invest. Naturally, I'm underwater right now, but since I bought planning to hold for 20+ years, I'm not too concerned. If it was money I needed anytime soon it would be in a money market fund. If I had more money to put into the market right now, some of it would be directed at REITs.