Anyone complete in early/mid-July still not have interview invites?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nh278

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know it's still early in the game, but I'm starting to feel a bit uneasy that there was something wrong with my application, especially seeing people who were complete after me get II's. I was complete at most schools around mid-July when my committee letter came out, and have heard nothing except for one rejection (darn you georgetown!!). Eight out of 30 schools I applied to already came out with II's, and I just want one II to reassure me that there's not a huge red flag in my app. My stats are 33 MCAT/3.85 cGPA so not too terrible, but not great either.

Anyone on the same boat and still waiting for an II?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
A few pieces of advice:
1. Do not pay attention to when others were complete.
2. Do not pay attention to when others get interviewed.
3. Do not assume others have a better chance of acceptance than you because they interviewed sooner.
4. Don't count on an interview invite from anywhere. No candidate is a sure thing.
5. Assume you are one of the 11,700 applicants that won't interview at Georgetown.

Reactions: 1 user
A few pieces of advice:
1. Do not pay attention to when others were complete.
2. Do not pay attention to when others get interviewed.
3. Do not assume others have a better chance of acceptance than you because they interviewed sooner.
4. Don't count on an interview invite from anywhere. No candidate is a sure thing.
5. Assume you are one of the 11,700 applicants that won't interview at Georgetown.
LOL welp time to get off SDN then. This place is bad for me

Reactions: 1 user
LOL welp time to get off SDN then. This place is bad for me
That's the best advice I can give you. Honestly. If you struggle with something and then your struggle is rewarded with an interview invite, get on sdn and let people know that good things can happen. That's when sdn is at its best I think. For mutual suffering.

Fwiw, I interviewed at a handful of places and 2/3 of them I scheduled after November.