Anyone Couple's Matching and have thoughts on reaching out to programs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Norabdo15

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've been told by residents who previously Couple's Matched that they would reach out to programs saying that their SO got an interview nearby, or have the SO mention it to the program itself.

With programs overloaded with apps this year, what are your thoughts on this approach? Would it be frowned upon? If appropriate, who should be reaching out, and when would be the best time to reach out? Should it be mentioned as soon as one person gets an interview, a couple weeks later, or closer to the end of the process? (I should note that my SO and I are applying to different programs)